Chapter 7

Hayley's POV

In the middle of his conversations to himself, I had spotted a blade. It was so far but I knew with the right amount of determination, I could reach it.

"Prof-" I whimpered, trying my best not to show any emotions.

"What?" He turned and faced me.

"Uh can you move me closer to the window?"

"So you can scream?"

"So I can bREatHe better!"

"If you scream the littlest bit, I swear, I will put an end to your freedom."

He grabbed my metal seat as his dark shadow hovered over me, dragged it across the smooth ground, creating a screeching sound. The agonizing sound gave me a headache.

"Thanks." I spat.

"Now back to my story. You better be paying attention, it could be your golden ticket out of here... in one piece." The lack of injuries mentioned that I could probably have by the time I escape would take a toll on me. But it would be better if I was in one piece and not dissected by his carving tools.

He continued telling me his stories.

I leaned forward and with my long track leg, I slowly pulled the blade.

"-But you know one thing apart from you girls, she actually asked me to sleep with her... for straight A's. How silly, she wanted to buy grades with... pleasing a man's wants. She sold her body, pathetic and how... desperate. But when I slept with her, I wanted more. Not just of her outsides, but her insides too." He menacingly laughed. "So I brought her into my lab and dissected her. But she was... shallow... so I disposed of her, under the subway tunnel. So when the trains ran, she would have been considered suicidal."

He continued his cavil, but what the heck was he talking about? I grabbed the blade to my hands. Perfect!

"But the community is so smart... they figured out she disappeared for eight months and was finally murdered, they didn't even realize she was dissected. Foolish."

"Wait- YOU were the criminal behind Ana's death?"

"Was that her name?"

"She was an upper level student, straight A's..."

"She didn't get those straight A's by herself, she needed male beds."

I cried at the thought of my fate.

"And I wouldn't call myself a criminal, just look at me, a mid-aged professor, unmarried, works as a history teacher. Is that a criminal to you?"

"You're crazy." I shook my head in deceit. He killed that girl, regardless of her artificial A's... and he was going to do the same with Heather and I. I continued sawing the ropes off using the blade behind my hands, progressing with baby steps.

"Well, I've shared a lot about myself, let's hear something about you."

"Die." I projected.

"You want to- die? Do not worry, I will make sure your last wish.. comes true."

Heather woke up from her everlasting nightmare. "Oh my god, where am I?!"

"You stunning beauty, you're finally up."

"You piece of-"

"-You don't want to be taped do you?"

"WHERE'S HAYLEY?"

"Heather, I'm here." I whispered.

"HAYLEY!"

"Why is it that everyone cares so much about Hayley?"