Chapter 10

Ben's POV

"HAYLEY WHERE DID YOU GO?" I yelled out her name again and again until brain cells told me to pull out my flashlight. She better not be pulling a prank on me. I shone the flash but there was absolutely no one there.

Prof Devor got to her in the dark! He did this. But he was just at the PA in the office, how could have he gotten to her? I knelt on the ground in hysteria. What the fk just happened?

She was JUST with me and as realization kicked in, sweat began covering my forehead and body.

I returned back to the same place we said we were going to meet up and just like myself, they were so confused.

"She was just with you, bro." Jake said.

"I know!" I held my head, "The lights went out and we went silent to hear the announcement and the next thing I know is that she's not there."

"That's bs, you just lost her like that?" Grayson asked in anger and confusion.

"It was-"

"-Weren't you guys holding hands and shit, how did you lose her? Now they both are in danger." Grayson asked sarcastically while shaking his head.

"We weren't holding hands, dumbass!" I stormed.

"You're.. an actual dumbass." Grayson commented.

Jake interrupted, "Both of you, quit it."

I rolled my eyes, "I could say the s-"

"Hands in the air, it's the police."

I looked at Grayson then at Jake. The psycho was serious in his announcement.

Professor Devor walked in with the police, right by their side like a true coward.

Hayley's POV

I woke up with a bad headache soon after the blackout. I was in a room that smelled like bleach and cleaner's supply. But, I was not tied up this time.

I coughed from the intense scent masked from the fact that there was someone else in the room.

He walked in from a dark corner of the room, slowly and suspiciously.

"Who- are you?" I receded.

"Your guardian angel."

***comedy***

I was so confused.

"I'm kidding. Professor Devor talked about me earlier. I'm his... accomplice."

"He's kept the janitor as his accomplice? Clever but.. insane."

"Here's the thing, you can either make this easier for the both of us and come with me or fight but then I'll have to tase you and this can be a whole lot complicated." He explained.

I shook my head, "I'm not coming with you."

"Ooooh, Devor would not like that." He widened his eyes.

"Please, spare my life. I don't want to die." I argued.

"Well, you don't really have a choice anymore. You're a threat to Devor and he'd love to get rid of you."

I began crying, "Don't you have children? Or a family? What if someone hurt your daughter and dissected every part of her? WHAT WOULD GO THROUGH YOUR HEAD AS A FATHER?"

"Good question, I've never thought about it."

"I know, you'd be heartbroken and angry at the world. Please, I have parents, a little brother, friends and my best friend right now is in deep danger."

"She's not in danger anymore."

"She's not?"

"He's already started on her."

My heart broke. "PLEASE YOU HAVE TO SAVE US!"

"No, I don't. I have to please my master. And to answer your question, my family left me." His eyes falling to the bottom. "I have no love for them anymore."

"I'm sorry but, if they hadn't, you wouldn't want anyone to harm your children."

"Want to hear it? We were all happy, driving, going out on our family vacation. Then, a crazy drunk driver hit..." He bottled it all up, clenching his fists. "...He hit our car and killed all my family, but they weren't strong enough either and died. Leaving me alone in this world. Two boys and a beautiful wife. I have turned my emotions off and I don't feel anymore."

Oh great, he was just as much of a psycho that prof was.

"I will put up a fight." I said.

"Okay? I get paid for this."

I stood up and looked around for an escape.

He began walking closer to me, "Oh you won't find any doors here, I've sealed them all. Whatever happens will stay... inside these walls." He grinned terrifyingly. 

Were you guys expecting the accomplice to be the janitor? ;) 

Word Count: 718