Chapter 5 | Creep Gets Creepier

"Uh... bye..." I VERY awkwardly said. 

"You can't leave." His tone was an apprehensive shutter. 

"Excuse me?" I flared up with suspicion. Why would Professor Devor want me to stay? This was sketchy.

"You can't leave, sit back at your desk now or else." His voice sounded panicked and I couldn't help but wonder why. It sounded like he was hiding something, too suspicious for just a teacher. The previous incidents in the washroom played in my mind and I wondered if it was all somehow linked together. What if Professor Devor set it all up? It had been coincidental that he was there by the washroom when he should have been in the lecture hall. 

"Are you okay?" I asked slowly as fear took over my tone.

He gently tilted his head to his side, "You heard the sound at the back, didn't you?" His lips moved slowly but sternly as he came a little closer. 

The light dimmed his head and exposed his cold eyes, forcing me to kindly take a step back. "No, I heard nothing." 

He shook his head in unwillingness to let me go, "I've studied human emotions, and you, my love... look nervous from the lie you just told."

I broke a sweat from his indecent tone, having to make a quick decision. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I screamed as the top of my lungs but unfortunately for me, he didn't buy it.

He yanked my arm oppressively and covered my mouth with a cloth as my hands and feet began fighting back. It was clear that he was stronger than me and his masculinity took over my body. Soon the cloth delivered its affect and it... put me... to sleep. 

Ben's POV
I had texted Hayley so long ago and she still hadn't texted me back and it was way past 5 now. I hoped she wasn't asleep because we made plans for Friday night, and she couldn't forget about them. The best way to reach her was to physically be apparent so I drove to her house to meet her and hopefully check up on her.

With my first knock, I immediately heard the sound of a little kid walking to the door. Seconds of patience later, her little brother attended the door.

"Hi Ben." He smiled gently but a swift smile.

"Hi Timmy," I greeted back in regards to his soft tone.

"No, Hayley can't hang out with you today." He fidgeted with a deck of cards in his hands with his gaze down at the cards.  

Oh, it was like he knew what I was going to ask. "And exactly why not?" I raised an eyebrow. 

He shook his head and looked up straight at me. "Because she isn't home yet." His tone was condescending for a kid his age, but regardless I had nothing against him. 

"Really?" I lifted my brows in complete utter shock.

He changed his tone real quick, "But do you want to check out my hockey card collection?" He gave me a deep smile, stretching from his right cheek to the left. 

I mean, I didn't come here for this. I kindly rejected his offer, "Uh, not now... maybe some other time." I rubbed my neck, "Uh did she come home at all?"

"Yeah, she came home yesterday, but I haven't seen her properly in two days. She's always sleeping. Maybe she's sleeping right now." He joked. His eyes shape shifted as he quietly chuckled. 

I stretched my leg out taking a slow step, reaching past the door frame, "Can I check if she's there?"

He blocked my way, stopping me at once, "No, no boys allowed, sorry." He continued shuffling his cards.