Chapter 1: Introduction

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I shouted as I hurried down the stairs with my backpack over my shoulders. I wore something nice and simple for today with a light jacket on.

Danny was waiting outside for me as he was my free ride to school. We were also supposed to be meeting with Sam and Tucker on the way, and flying was the fastest way to catch up to them.

"(Y/n), before you go, can we talk to you for a moment?" Mom asked, and I sighed. "It won't be long, give us like ten minutes. You can bring Danny in, if you like."

I nodded and I walked out to tell Danny if he wanted to, he could wait inside, but he said he was fine outside. He reassured me that it was okay.

I sat down with my parents. They were wondering how I've been recently since I've been hanging out with Danny more than often. My parents have been with his parents to plan the next stakeout. Sometimes, Danny's parents would be over at my place from time to time.

My parents also noticed how much I've been disappearing at night with Danny, Sam, and Tucker doing "school work" or in the day time where I'm out at the "Nasty Burger" - our favorite fast food restaurant joint. I quote those obviously because I'm out ghost hunting with my friends. Never in my life would I thought that this is my life now, and I'm grateful to be in it.

I kept reassuring them that I've been more than alright.

Dad, of course, kept teasing me because he knew how much I liked Danny. Mom asked me if things were moving along fine between us, but I told her that our situation was complicated. They didn't need to know about the promise after the family trip to Wisconsin Danny and I made.

Finally, we were finished talking about the time mom promised. Danny was sitting on the steps, with his head on his hand. His arm was perched on his knee. "Goodmorning, Danny." I greeted and he looked up with a smile.

"Wow, did your parents have fun with Twenty Questions?" He joked.

"Well, it was the usual, 'Are you okay?', 'Do you need us for anything?', 'How are you and Danny'?" I shrugged with a chuckle.

"I think we're doing just fine, except for running a bit late." Danny pointed out. "Sam and Tucker must be wondering where we're at by now." Two rings formed around his body after he looked around for any onlookers. We had to walk a little away from my house too. He transformed into his ghost form, and he put on his backpack. "Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I said, standing close to him. Danny picked me up, supporting my back with one hand, and the other under my legs. I had my hands around his neck to hold on to him as he carried me. My head rested against his shoulder and we smiled at each other as he started to ascend higher and higher from the ground.

~~~

"Danny?" I asked a while later as he started to descend. "Where are we going?"

He didn't say anything, and I looked down to see Sam and Tucker down below. They were waving at us and Danny hid behind a truck. He set me down gently, and changed back to normal before anyone could see. We walked out and met up with them. "Guys, we're going to be late for school." Sam said as the boys went to get distracted by staring at vehicles.

"Isn't it everything I told you it would be?" Danny asked in awe. He narrowed his eyes to Tucker who also had the same expression. "And more...?"

"You did not lie, dude." Tucker said. "You did not lie."

"Guys?" I asked. "Guys...? Hello?"

Sam and I exchanged looks and they had paid no attention to us, whatsoever. "There goes my free ride to school." I sighed as Sam grinned at me.

"The Gi-normo six-thousand!" Danny and Tucker said in unison and drooled. Sam walked over after I rolled my eyes and she looked up at the details on the side of the car.

"Seats made out of owl leather?" She pointed out. "Interior wood paneling from the Amazon Rainforest? Twelve gallons to the mile? This car's an environmental nightmare!" She hopped down to face Danny, "I know what you should do."

"No." Danny immediately said.

"You could totally haunt this place!" Sam suggested. "Scare people away from here and make them buy something else!"

"No!" Danny harshly said.

"Cut it out, Sam." Tucker walked up to him. I also joined up with them. "It's a cool truck. Besides, this wouldn't be the first time one of your bad ideas got Danny into trouble, and most of it is all (Y/n)'s fault." I gaped at him from the side.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, crossing my arms at him.

We talked about the time I caused Danny's accident with Sam taking a photo of the whole thing before he turned. "How is it a bad thing that I was there?" I asked, "And thanks for the reminder that I have to live with that on my conscience. If it weren't for me, he'd be flying around with his dad's face on his chest. Know how you can say thank you? By being grateful I was there for all of it."

"And by crushing a few trucks!" Sam said with glee.

"That works too." I said with a nod.

"(Y/n), Sam?" Danny said, folding his arms over. "I'm the good guy, and (Y/n) I, for one, am grateful, thank you. So, unless these super, awesome trucks are being used for evil, I can't do anything."

"Except wonder if it's got a GPS-satellite guiding system." Tucker said.

"And rims..." Danny hummed.

"Big spinning rims..." they said in unison with the same tone.

"I give up." Sam said, and we walked away.

I looked over at Sam and asked, "Don't you wish that someone would just destroy those stupid trucks?"

~~~

*Third person POV*

"Well, it's about time you've made a wish." a genie ghost named Desiree said. She appeared from the sewers and raised both her hands. They started to glow a pink aura around them. "And so you have wished it, so shall it be..."

She pushed her hands out in front of her, and blasted a beam at a cow display on top of a Daisy's Dairy Diner. Its eyes changed to a red deep color and started to move. Instead of mooing, it growled, facing the trucks at the car shop.

"I wonder what this button does." Danny said, as they continued to admire the truck. He pressed it, only to get knocked back by a giant hoof of a cow with Tucker. They fell on their backs and looked up in surprise. The truck got destroyed with just one stomp, and they backed up against another similar truck. Danny pointed at the evil cow, "Get away, fiend! Whatever you do, leave this truck alone!"

The cow turned away slightly. He raised its hoof up only to reveal the udders. Tucker and Danny had no time to react when a wave of milk splashed over them. "Aw, man...! I just became lactose intolerant!" Tucker said, and just then, another wave of milk sprays at them.