Chapter 17: Reign Storm (part 2)

I frowned, looking away, and noticed Sam was peeking around the corner with Tucker. They were waiting on me, and heard everything. They looked concerned, and wanted to come and talk to me, but I just felt miserable. They walked up to me anyways, and we heard Tucker's PDA beeping. He pulled it out. "This is Tiffany Snow, with action news, and this is the Ghost Emergency Broadcasting System." A news reporter said, and we looked over to a scene of an army of ghost skeletons nearing town. "Amity Park is in the midst of a ghost attack, and now here's Lance Thunder, with the ghost weather!"

"As you can see, we have random ghost activities in restaurants, malls, and this box store." the reporter said. "If you look to the west, you can see a huge wave of ghost skeletons heading to the center of town, toward Casper High. All parents are advised to immediately pick up their children and run! Run for your lives!" Two skeletons approached the weather reporter who shouted, "Not the hair, not the hair!"

~~~

*Danny's POV*

As I met Vlad face to face at the school football field, I launched myself at him, only to get chokehold by him. His hand wrapped around my neck and I gasped for aid. Vlad then pulled me by my shirt and settled to the ground. "Calm down, Daniel." He said. "I didn't come here to fight you, I have other things to worry about."

I turned around and saw Fright Knight leading an army of skeletons towards us. We flew out of the way as Fright Knight swung his sword. I did what I could to fight off the skeletons, and Vlad helped out as well. He managed to knock the skeleton away from me and I was surprised. "You're helping me?" I asked. "What do you want? My mom's cell number? Force (Y/n) and I into a relationship out of pity?"

"No!" He shouted, firing more ghost rays at more skeletons. "But if you wanted to give me her number..."

The Fright Knight grabbed at his armor and pulled him up from the ground. "The King's prize." He said. "Return it!"

"I don't have it, but if you join me!" Vlad said. "Perhaps together-!" They yelped in pain as the ghost huntress arrived with the ecto-gun in her hands. She knocked them off the horse.

"Guess what, everybody?!" She announced. "The best ghost hunter in Amity Park is here, and that means you're about to get your butt handed to you!"

"She really is quite good at this." Vlad said, standing back up, patting off the dust from his outfit.

"She also thinks we're the enemy." I mentioned.

"Good point."

She dropped down three grenades and we scrammed quickly.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

We were watching with the rest of our classmates off to the side of the school. A huge ghost battle was happening in the football fields. I watched Danny fight with Vlad. "Please be careful, Danny..." I whispered to myself.

Then, we heard the sounds of engines roaring as they neared us. "Doesn't anybody in this town drive a compact car?" Sam asked. All of the parents hurried out of the jeeps and ran over to us.

"Kids!" Someone's father ran up to us. "Have you seen Valerie?"

Sam, Tucker, and I in unison answered, "She's with Danny."

"(Y/n), have you seen Danny?" Mrs. Fenton hurried over to us.

"He's with Valerie." We all said together again, but this time I said it through clenching my teeth.

She looked at me odd. "Who's Valerie?"

I shrugged, and felt Sam's hand on my shoulder. I looked at her, but then she pointed upward. Everyone else's eyes looked up too and saw a giant ghost dome surrounding the town whole with the face of a ghost king on the front.

~~~

*Danny's POV*

I looked around with the huntress and Vlad beside me. The Fright Knight had his sword etched into the ground with the beam of light shining from it. We saw a dome, a ghost shield surrounding the entire city whole and the sky getting dark. I had to do something, anything. I flew upwards at the shield and tried to get rid of it, until I smacked right into it.

I looked down below to see the huntress getting slapped aside by Fright Knight on her V-shaped hoverboard. She stood up and held her head in her hands. Suddenly, she toppled over and her suit revealed who she was. "Valerie!" I said.

"My pawn!" Vlad said. "I mean, that poor girl."

I flew down to Valerie to aid her. She looked beat up and bruised and exhausted. "The sword has sunk!" The Fright Knight declared. "Your die now cast! The sword removed shall signal fast. Make reappear. The Ring Thou Hast. Or your next day shall be your last." He disappeared into a puff of smoke and bats flew around us to fly away.

"The ring thou hast?" I repeated, wondering if Vlad had anything to do with it. He shrugged at me nervously as I glared.

"Children of Amity Park!" Mom shouted over the megaphone in the Fenton RV. I saw her driving down the street with Valerie's dad. "Report to the safe bosom of the Fenton family assault vehicle!"

"Mom!"

"Maddie!" Vlad shouted at the same time, as she tore through the ghost skeletons without stopping.

"I can't let her see me like this!" We shouted together and flew off. Vlad disappeared into his own portal and I flew behind a tree to change back to normal. I hurried over to Valerie on the football fields out of worry. She was hurt because of me. Our parents ran over, glaring at me. 

"She was like that when I got here." I lied, and kneeled down beside her. I placed my hands on Valerie's shoulder as mom and her dad tried to figure out the best course of action.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Welcome back to big, scary Domewatch." Tucker, Sam, and I were held up in Danny's home after the events at school. I was wrapped in a blanket on the couch while they were sitting in front of the television. "I'm Tiffany Snow. We're in our fourth hour of captivity, and Amity Park remains cut off from the outside world. With more on that, outside the safety of our studio, our own Lance Thunder. Lance?"

He appeared at the corner of the screen, but wasn't paying attention after being signaled on air. "Why the heck do I have to be here?" He complained before noticing. "I'm the weatherman for the love of- Uh...Tiffany. Despite the odd circumstances, an eerie calm has fallen over Amity Park. The Emergency Team are still having no luck in piercing the dome. Wishing he had taken that job in Chicago, this is Lance Thunder. Action news."

Sam and Tucker eyed me carefully and realized I wasn't watching anymore. "(Y/n)?" Sam asked. "Hello? Earth to (Y/n)."

"Hey." Tucker spoke up as well. He tossed something at me and I finally came to my senses.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you didn't, (Y/n). In fact, we're sort of worried about you." Sam answered.

"What makes you say that?" My head tilted to the side in confusion as I thought about it.

Valerie came upstairs from the basement and toppled over, and that was when I fell silent again. "You feeling okay?" Tucker asked.

"A little." She said, and glared at him. "Although, I'm surprised you still care. You guys don't like me very much, do you? Especially you, (Y/n), what happened? You like me and then suddenly, I become the bad guy here."

"It's not that I don't like you, Valerie." I started speaking up. "It's just that-"

"We don't know you very much." Sam finished. "And honestly, you used to be pretty mean to us. You think we're just going to start hanging out with you without wondering what you want?"

"We're just very alert right now." I said, to diffuse the situation. "Also, we don't know where you got that ring either."