Chapter 30: The Ultimate Enemy (Part 2)

*Danny's POV*

My eyes were fluttering awake, and I looked at a statue in a tilted world. It had my family, (Y/n)'s family, and my friends. "Mom, dad? 'Gone, but not forgotten'." I looked over to see Mr. Lancer's statue that just read, "Gone." I stood up, with the ropes tied around me. "And where's the Nasty Burger?" I asked myself. I turned around and saw that the sign was on the ground and half of the restaurant destroyed.

"Strange how one massive fireball of highly combustible condiments can ruin your whole future..." My older self said, walking out from the side of the restaurant.

I looked down at my body. "The...time medallion?" I asked, wondering where it went.

"Fused inside you." He said. "Nice, huh? Intangible and unreachable whether you're ghost or human, which means...you can go back in time." I watched as Dark Danny raised the palm of his hand up to create a portal beside him.

"It doesn't matter if I can go back in time or not." I said, boldly. "I'll never turn into you! Never!"

"Of course you will." Dark Danny said, transforming back to his younger, human self. He grinned at me before walking through the portal. "It's only a matter of...time." He grabbed at me, and threw me towards the portal and I screamed. "I need you out of my way and out of my hair while I make sure nothing happens to change my past, and luckily," Dark Danny pulled out his own time medallion. "This is all I need to make sure of that, and to get where and when I needed to go..." A bright light appeared and surrounded Dark Danny whole, to make him disappear. He appeared back in the present time behind the Nasty Burger.

~~~

*Clockwork's POV*

I was adjusting the back of the clock on my staff back in my realm until the two Observants from the beginning appeared behind me. "Have you completed the task?" They asked impatiently.

"Everything's fine." I said. "Everything's the way things are supposed to be." I pressed a button on the control panel in front of us and showed them present day Danny by the Nasty Burger. "And there's your boy, returned back to his time. Safe...sound, and clearly, not evil." I turned into my older form of myself. "Now, care to observe the door...?"

They exchanged looks and teleported away. I phased into the child form of myself and I frowned.

~~~

*Dark Danny's POV*

"The Nasty Burger..." I said, walking to the front. "Still standing." I peeked inside the kitchen area where the boilers were starting to overheat. "For now..."

"DANNY!" I heard familiar voices say.

I looked at (Y/n), who hurried over and wrapped her arms around my neck into a hug. "You made it back!" She said, happily, holding both of my hands. She sneaked a tiny kiss on my cheek as a welcome back. Little does she know that-.

"Did you beat that evil, jerky puspack, alternative version of yourself!?" Tucker asked.

My eyes glowed red, hoping they didn't see it, and I changed the tone of my voice back to normal. I laughed, "Always with the quips. In my weaker moments, I sometimes miss your droll, sense of humor."

"I'm sorry?" Tucker asked in confusion. I wrapped my arm around (Y/n)'s waist and pulled her close to me.

"I'm just kidding!" I exclaimed. "I beat my other self quite easily. Had you going there for a second, didn't I?"

"Well..." (Y/n) slowly said, eyeing me carefully. I hope she's not the first one to figure this out. "We should probably do what we can to stop the Nasty Burger from blowing up, huh?"