Chapter 12: Leave Your Kids, Come to the Cruise

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"You're listening to the P.A.R.T.Y." I announced over the microphone.

"Fiercely independent radio." Sam said, next to me as my co-host. "One hundred percent free of cooperate influence." Tucker was looking through vinyls to play on the radio, and then he grabbed a burger off to the side.

"Except for this!" He said. "Brought to you by Nasty Burger. Remember, Nasty is only one letter away from Tasty."

"Wait!" I jumped when I heard Danny's voice. "Guys. You've got to stop the broadcast. The party downstairs is getting out of control!"

"There's a party downstairs?" The three of us asked in unison.

"You're the one that invited all those people, (Y/n)." Danny turned to me in confusion. "How could you not know?"

"I didn't invite all those people." I said. "And besides, we've been kind of busy with the premiere broadcast." I lifted the copy of the vinyl from the school.

"You took a vapor drone promo disc?"

I shrugged and placed it on the record player. "They make a great scratcher fodder." I said, and started scratching it with my hand to play the music.

"Leave your kids..." We could barely hear the woman speaking behind the static. "Come to the-

"Wait a minute, (Y/n)." Danny said. "Play that backwards again, slowly..."

I listened closely with the headsets and the three of us concentrated as I played it back. "Leave your kids. Come to the cruise." A female voice said, a lot clearer now.

"Subliminal advertising?" Sam muttered.

"More like mind control." Danny said.

"Using music to control people?" Tucker asked.

"Why does that sound so familiar?" I asked myself and then gasped. "It's-!"

The ground started rumbling and we all looked up in confusion. Smoke appeared from outside of the opt center and we ran towards the windows. It was the pirate ship again and it flew down in front. From the front of the ship, we saw Ember. She was back in her new, pirate-themed outfit. She held up her guitar that was able to cast spells and she smiled at me and Danny when she saw us.

"That's right, pop fans." She said after playing a riff on her guitar. "Ember's back, and ready to rock!" She played a powerful chord that set off an amplified sound. Danny was protecting me from the blast, and Sam and Tucker were both protecting themselves off to the side.

The amplified sound made an attack at us and the ground kept on rumbling. We tried to keep our balance, but then Danny and I fell over along with the other two. I grabbed the magazine beside me. "M. Bersback." I said and I looked up at him. "Danny, Ember's back. That's not a clue, it's a billboard."

"We really gotta start paying attention to these things." Tucker said as Danny stood up from me.

"Going ghost!" Danny shouted.

~~~

*Third person POV*

"Wasting your time, wannabe!" Ember said and pressed a button on the pirate ship. The shield generator went up as Danny flew upward. He got smacked in the face with the shield and knocked backwards.

Youngblood mocked him with laughter but then realized that wasn't a pirate-y thing to say. "Argh!" he shouted.

"What, the music career went so poorly after your number one hit soundtrack between me and (Y/n) that you had to pick up babysitting jobs on the side?" Danny asked, angrily, hitting the shield with my ghost attacks.