Chapter 2: Memory Blank

"Good job beating the big cow, Danny!" Tucker said as the four of us continued our way to school.

"Yeah, well, it happened to stop (Y/n) and Sam from busting my chops about cruelty to unliving plastic animals." Danny said, sending a glare at me.

"I had to chose between fake cows and evil trucks." I shrugged.

"The cow won." Sam said proudly, then she stopped in her tracks. "Oh my gosh, (Y/n). I almost forgot!"

"What did you forget?" I asked as I walked up to the poster she was facing. Suddenly, my face lit up brightly. "Oh, The Trinity of Doom!"

"Femalien versus Terminatra versus Nightmerica! All my favorite female movie monsters...in one film!" She was shaking with happiness.

"So, it's a chick flick?" Tucker asked.

"Oh..." Danny muttered, looking down at himself. "Duh." He turned invisible, and all the milk phased through them.

"Hello...?" Tucker mumbled and Danny placed a finger on his shoulder to turn himself invisible too to clean up.

"Not just a chick flick." I pointed out. "The chick flick."

"The three biggest, female box office monsters battling it out in a big budget, special-effects bonanza!" Sam explained, and I thought as I scratched my head, 'Wow, that was a mouthful'.

"Sam managed to find a way to make me cave and watch a genre I don't particularly like. Turns out it was pretty cool." I said. "And since you promised we'd all go together on Friday, Danny...Sam bought us tickets!"

"Danny?" A voice said and I knew that chirpy, fake friendly voice anywhere. We looked over to Paulina who had a piece of paper in her hands. "You never told me whether or not you were coming to my Quinceañera on Friday." She handed Danny an invitation, and I exchanged an annoyed look with Sam. There goes our Friday plans...

"That's because when you invited me, I...thought you were joking." Danny said.

"And that you forgot to invite me." Tucker raised his hand.

"And remembered not to invite me." Sam said as I nodded in agreement.

"Or me." I added, crossing my arms.

"Oh," Paulina said, chuckling. We weren't really sure if she was laughing to mock us. "No, silly. You're all invited!"

She handed each of us one and we had various reactions. "Yes!" Tucker said.

"No!" Sam and I muttered and I folded the paper together.

"Really?" Danny asked, surprised.

"Really." She reassured, then she looked at us. "I knew Danny wouldn't come if I invited you three, but I especially want Danny to be there." I started to give her the stink eye, and ball up the invitation quietly. Sam and Tucker were worried about me. They grabbed my arms to stop me from throwing the invitation back at her face.

"Me?" Danny asked.

"Of course. My papa is throwing the party at the Country Club, and it's happening on the same night as the meteor shower." She lowered her voice, but I could still just barely hear it. "And...I really want that Ghost Boy to be there, and since it seems the Ghost Boy wants to show up wherever you do, I figured I had no choice but to invite you and your loser friends!"

"Hey." I glared. "We're right here, you know."

"Yeah, I know." She said with such enthusiasm. Something snapped inside me. I tried to grab at her, but I was once again pulled back by my friends.