Chapter 5: Going Ghost (Again)

The monster broke free and I reached into my backpack again for the Fenton Thermos. I turned it on and the monster got sucked inside. Finally, I sealed it shut. "Does that happen a lot?" Sam asked me as they walk over.

"More than you three remember..." I said, removing the mask from my head.

"Okay, (Y/n), you got my attention." Danny said.

"Finally!" I exclaimed happily. I ripped the clothes off I had in front of them, and before Sam could cover their eyes, they realized I had another set of normal clothes on and they sighed in relief. "Come on!" I grabbed Danny's hand and they all followed me back to his place.

We ended up in their parents lab. "All clear, Danny." Tucker said. Him and Sam were standing by the staircase. Sam was trying hard to not look at us, but she knew she also had a job to do.

"Cool." Danny said. "How's it going over there, (Y/n)?"

"Pretty good." I said, holding up a photo with all the clocks set. "I'm guessing if we set everything the way it was when it happened?" I turned a dial up to match the times on the photo. "It'll happen again."

I was scared. I was scared to cause the accident one more time. I didn't know if Danny had hated me for this, but I needed Danny back. I needed my friends back.

"Danny..." I said, as I turned to him. "Are you sure about this? I've always felt...guilty that this was my fault."

"No..." He answered truthfully with his hand on his forehead. "But you saw those things, those...monsters. Ghosts? Those ghosts were attacking our school. Besides...I've always wanted to go in here. Who knows what kind of awesome, super cool things exist on the other side of that portal?" I winced, as those were his exact words right before the accident. I tossed him the suit and he put it on. I pressed a button, and he zipped up. "Well, here goes everything."

"Wait a minute..." I said, holding up a gift I made for him. I walked over to remove his dad's face on his chest, and placed a sticker on his chest.

"What is that?" He asked me.

"Just trust me, okay?"

Tucker and Sam were smiling at us, and we watched him walk inside from a distance. We heard him press a button on the inside and he started screaming in pain all over again. I stood there, my heart was beating so fast, and I felt a hand on my shoulder. Two of them. I looked behind my shoulder and saw it was Sam and Tucker comforting me.

"I have a feeling you're telling the truth, (Y/n)..." Sam said as the screaming pursued.

"Yeah, I feel like you would still become one of us if this wasn't the case." Tucker agreed.

We saw Danny standing at the entrance of the portal and opened his eyes. I saw the logo on his chest and I was happy that it fit well on him, but then Danny fell to his knees. "Danny..." I said. "Are you...?" I held him up, and then he turned intangible on me. "We did it, you're a ghost! Again!"

"You're right.." Danny said. "I am a ghost! Cool!" Then he frowned. "Is this cool?"

I placed my hand on his chest as I smiled at him. "Oh, it's very cool."

"What's going on down there?!" we heard his dad say.

"Oh man...your dad." Sam said.

"You've gotta change back to normal!" I said.

"Change back? How?" Danny asked.

"I don't know...you just think about it or something." I shrugged, forgetting that he's really new to this. Then he pulls me over to him and we lean into a kiss, which surprises me. I was stammering when we pulled away, "I-well, wow...Listen, we-"