Chapter 21: Identity Crisis

"Ember?" I asked, leaning over Danny's shoulder.

"Ghost zone." Danny said, dragging the photos into a file on his computer.

"Skulker?" Tucker asked.

"Ghost zone."

"Box ghost?" Sam asked.

"Who cares." We all said together, rolling our eyes.

"Hey, I have feelings too, you know!" We looked over to see him poking his head out from the opened ghost portal. I pressed a button that closes the portal, and Danny started clicking away.

"All enemies captured and accounted for which means, as promised...the 100% ghost free "Weekend-o-Fun" starts now!" Danny said, pressing enter on the keyboard. We had pizza, and sodas off to the side ready to be eaten, or well, finished actually, but then the hard drive on Danny's computer was full. "Hard drive full? Uh...well, hang on, I'll just delete some old files-" He clicked on his personal files and a photo of Paulina was up there.

"Nice." Sam commented.

He looked at Sam, but she motioned him to look at me. I glared at her in response and then he saw me feeling angry. Danny tried to think of something to say, but then Tucker said, "I am so downloading that!" We watched as he pointed his PDA at the computer and saw a red beam aim at the computer.

He laughed nervously, "Aha, uhm...heh, how did that get in there?"

"I wonder." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, here's something I can delete. This old version of Doomed." Danny said, dragging the file down to the recycle bin. I gasped.

Months ago, Danny and Tucker played a game during Danny's english exam and we were busy trying to defend the game when Technus appeared.

"Danny, wait!" Tucker exclaimed. "That's the video game where you trapped-!"

The recycling bin on Danny's computer exploded and we saw Technus inside. "I, Technus, am free at last!" We were worried for only a second, only because he was trying to fly around, but was trapped inside his monitor. He slammed to the screen face first and we watched in shock. "Well, free-ish...But even from the confines of this computer, I, Technus, will rule once more!" Danny's computer parts started glowing an emerald green color and it floated upwards. "But first..." He pointed at the painting app on his monitor to open it up with Paulina's picture. Technus was laughing evilly and grabbed the paintbrush. He painted a mustache on her as well as a pair of glasses to make her look silly.

"Hey, do you know how many digital collectibles I had to trade for that?!" Danny asked.

He transformed into Danny Phantom and was going to fight Technus until the computer rammed right into him. Danny fell backwards and landed on his back. The disk popped out, and wires emerged from the computer. It wrapped me, Tucker, and Sam together and we yelped.

Danny grabbed what looked like a ghost catcher and swatted it through the monitor to release Technus from it. We were standing by, trapped with wires. A laser beam came out from the camera and moved towards us to attack us. "Too bad you can't expunge me and save your friends at the same time, eh?"

"Then I'll just have to be in two places...at once!" Danny said. We watched him try to make a clone of himself, but instead another head popped out on his shoulder. With another head, and another head, and several more heads popped out from one another.

"Oh for the love of Pete." Sam said. "Here." She grunted, and we all jumped together. We turned and the computer got snapped off from the wall.

The evil computer parts returned to normal and we released ourselves of the wires. "Has the Weekend of Fun started yet?" I asked.

Danny jumped down next to me with the ghost catcher and sighed as he returned to normal. "Phew." He said, looking at me. "It's starting now."

~~~

We waited for Tucker to come back hours later, and Sam was looking at her watch. Danny and I were sitting on the steps of his house together, and finally, we saw Tucker rolling by his moped. "Sorry I'm late." Tucker said. "My PDA's acting wonky."

"Wonky?" Sam asked.

"Maybe you should just junk this thing and get a new one." Danny said, walking over to him. Suddenly, he ended up getting shocked by the PDA and I looked up confused. "Ow, it was just a suggestion." He glared at Tucker.

"Looks like we're going to miss the movie." I said, sadly. "Unless we find some way to ignore all speed limits, red lights and certain laws of physics."

Danny thought about it and looked at all of us, and grinned mischievously. Then, we found ourselves in the Specter Speeder with his dad driving. "Couldn't you have just flown us!?" I whispered to Danny as we all held tightly to our seats.

"Why couldn't you ask your parents to drive us?" Tucker whispered.

"The way my dad drives, (Y/n)...This is faster." Danny said.

"Are you kids sure there's a ghost in that movie theater?" Mr. Fenton asked, swerving in and out of two lanes. I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Absolutely! And if not, you can pick us up in two hours and six minutes."

"Previews." Sam and I said in the back seat, clinging for dear life.

"Two hours and twenty-six minutes." Danny corrected, and we felt the Fenton RV tilt back and forth on the road.

"Good thing I installed the Fenton onboard computer to plot our clearest route." Mr. Fenton said.

Suddenly, we found ourselves being wrapped in whole by numerous seatbelts, and we looked up in fear. "Uhm, Mr. Fenton?" I asked, nervously. "Is this some new safety feature?"

"Safety features?" He asked. "Ah, safety features are for punks!" The Fenton RV lifted off the ground and we were flying down the road now. All five of us were screaming as it sped up. "Hang on, kids. I'm deploying the Fenton ejector!"

The RV started heading downward and Mr. Fenton pressed the button. We screamed some more as we popped out from the roof. We saw the RV crash into an appliance store and we had parachutes release from our packs.

"Next time, it's either your mom, or your parents are driving." Tucker said, staring at us.

We heard Mr. Fenton falling straight down to the ground, and I was guessing he didn't deploy his parachute when we did. When we landed, Danny got covered in his parachute to hide so he could go ghost. He flew inside the electronics store and looked around.

~~~

*Danny's POV*

I looked at the RV that was wedged inside the TV screens at the back of the store. On every screen, I saw an evil skull appear, and they merged into one, revealing Technus on the screen in full. All I heard was him laughing and all of the electronic parts around me flew towards him. "Plasma screen..." He said as it attached to him. "Surround sound. I don't know what this thing does." Then several other parts came flying towards him. "Ooh, these are on sale!"

They piled together, creating an explosion that caused me to fall back.

"Behold! The new Technus 2.0. Now with pop-up block ad!" He glared and fired a green laser at me that pulled me from the ground.

"Sounds like the same old Technus to me." I said with my hands clenching into fists. "What do you say, you shout out your plan and we get this thing over with?"

"Technus 2.0 does not reveal his secrets! Go on, try me."

"Uh...boxers or briefs?"

"None of your business!" He shouted. "See?" He wrapped a giant hand around me whole, and flung me out of the store. I went through a wall of bricks and landed in the dumpster, and Technus escaped. I was angry when I lifted the lid of the dumpster and was covered with a banana peel on the head, watching him fly away.