Chapter 10: Pirate Radio

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Ah...clear skies. No moon." Danny said. He stood up to let me look through the telescope. "Here, (Y/n), I want to show you something. It's a perfect night for stargazing." He smiled and I leaned over to look at a couple of falling stars.

"This is beautiful, Danny." I said. I watched in awe and I stood back up again. "I can't think of a better way to spend the night with you guys." After a while, I let Danny look through it again.

"Yeah, but more like star snoozing." Sam said, removing the mini-scope from her hands. She turned to the radio that was playing a lullaby. "This music is putting me to sleep. Can't we listen to something else?"

Tucker turned the knob on the radio to change the station, but all you could hear was feedback. "Survey says...No."

I started losing my balance and we all looked around in confusion when we felt the ground rumbling. The four of us looked outward and saw a gigantic pirate ship phasing from the ground. The ship was colored green and black and it had a skeleton at the front of the ship to make it look even frightening. The ship turned away from Danny's house and a few pirate ghosts were snarling or about to climb out of the ship.

Hooks were shot out from the cannons and latched onto the Fenton's Opt Center. They started to use it as a way to land in front of the four of us. "Survey says...Going ghost!" Danny declared. He flew up to them as they raised their swords and Danny stroke a taekwondo pose. As he beckoned them to move forward, we heard a clang.

A kid with a captain's hat appeared and said, "Avast ye'-! Aw man...what's the word?"

The parrot in a skeleton body started flying beside him. "Scurvy dogs." he squawked.

"Right! Avast ye' scurvy dogs!" The kid said, "Prepare to be boarded by Captain Youngblood and his skeleton crew!"

Danny flew up to Youngblood and asked, "Hey, isn't it past your bedtime, kid?"

Youngblood raised his left hook and it glowed bright red. He turned it into a slingshot and an orb fired at Danny's chest, causing him to get knocked out of the sky. "Don't call me kid!" Youngblood shouted, offended. "I'm mature behind the years!" We looked up to see the Ghost Shield generator get cut off and one of the skeletons caught it. "Fall back, me hearties! We got da...got da...What's the word?"

"...Booty." his parrot squawked again which made the kid giggle when he said it.

"You said booty."

"Danny, they're stealing the ghost shield generator!" I called out to him and he went to steal it back, but then he ended up getting stopped by Youngblood who raised his foot at him. His fake leg turned into a mini cannon and fired a cannonball at Danny. Sam and Tucker were standing next to me, and when I looked up again, Danny fell backwards into me hard. We fell on the ground and grunted in pain. The cannon ball landed in front of us.

The pirate ship turned around and set sail in a flash. "Nice going, matey." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, you just got your butt kicked by Short John Silver." Sam smirked as I helped Danny up on his feet.

"Hey," Danny said, glaring at us. "Considering he just took my dad's ghost shield, you think maybe you two could be a little more sympathetic? Like Tucker?" Tucker was laughing and we were smiling at his reaction. "Tucker?"

"He said 'booty'." Tucker also giggled.

~~~

The following morning before school, I went downstairs to have breakfast with my parents. I heard the same tune from Tucker's radio last night and I tilted my head in confusion. Mom and Dad were either typing on their laptops in a dreamy state or helping on another invention that the Fenton's were working on. "Goodmorning." I said, and sat down. I grabbed a bowl of cereal, and they haven't said much of anything.

I started to turn it off until they instantly turned their heads at me. "(Y/N)!" they shouted in unison.

I winced and backed away a little bit. "Mom, dad. FYI, when you're fourteen, easy listening...isn't that easy. Could I please turn this off?"

They both grabbed at the radio and shouted at me again, "NO!"

"You can't possibly like this music that much." I said, shrugging. I took a spoonful of cereal.

"I do, dear, it relaxes me." Mom said, sitting back down with the radio.

"And me." Dad said. "It's very soothing."

I sighed in response. "Alright, I'll see you both after school, then." I said, grabbing my backpack after I finished my bowl. I placed the bowl in the sink and started heading out. They didn't pay much attention so I waited for a bit before heading out. Weird.

"I don't get it..." Danny said when I met up with him, Sam, and Tucker at school a while later. "The ghost shield's gone, and it barely registers a blip on the parental radar."

"My parents have been acting kind of flakey too." Sam said.

"Mine too." I said, hurrying up to them. "Morning, guys."

"Morning, (Y/n)." They all said.

"You guys are talking about the music on the radio, right?" I asked and they nodded.

"Yep," Sam answered. "All they do is listen to that new age vapor drone that's playing on every station."

"Tell me about it. My parents didn't even notice until I tried to turn the radio off."

"My folks crank it 24/7." Tucker mumbled. "Must be a generational thing."

"And the worst part is...I can't get it out of my head!" The four of us exclaimed in frustration. We had our hands to our ears, until we started hearing something soft playing. "Wait, you hear it, too?!"

We looked up to the gym and saw a DJ in their playing that familiar tune. It was mellow and soothing and...annoying. Two floor signs on the floor said, "Radio Casper High. DJ Auditions today!" We were curious to see what was going on, so we walked in. Mr. Lancer was up in the radio station area, and a line of people were waiting for their turns.

"Since we announced our new school radio station, an anonymous donor was kind of enough to provide these promotional and incredibly, soothing vinyl albums!" He showed everyone the copy and it titled, "Sounds to Relax to Vapor Drone"

"Vinyl?" I asked. "What is this, the stone age?"

"Of course, you kids should feel free to as you might say...bust out your own freaky beats!" Mr. Lancer said over the microphone before he took off the headsets. "As long as they're not too freaky or too beaty."

"Danny, we should....Danny?" I started to say. We looked around and didn't see him anywhere.

Before I knew it, Danny was already up at the station. "Sweet!" we heard him on the mic. "Where do I sign up to yank this crud off the air?" He placed the headphones on his head and scratched the vinyl off.

"Fenton...A DJ?" Dash asked incredulously. "Yeah right, who would ever listen to you?"

"I'll show you who'll listen!" Danny said, and the three of us were already cringing. He grabbed the microphone and pulled it close to him. "What do we want!?"

The crowd in the gym, including us, were silent.

"Uhm...this is the part where you say "Good music"." Danny said to us, and repeated. "What do we want!?"

Sam, Tucker and I nervously exchanged looks. "Uhm..." I started to say and they followed along. "Good...music...?"

I winced when Danny was pushed away by Dash and he took over the mic. "What do we want!?" He shouted, and everyone shouted back, "Good music!"

"When do we want it!?" Dash asked as we looked around in shock and heard the booming voice of Captain Youngblood, "NOW!"