Chapter 19: Inviso-Bill

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Danny's parents were given the okay by the city to pull off an emergency broadcast system. They had video cameras and everything rolling downstairs in the laboratory. Mom stayed upstairs to take care of me, while dad joined them to explain the situation and what's to come. Even Valerie and her dad were downstairs taking part on executing the drones to break the giant ghost shield.

I was worried about Danny, wondering where he was at this point. He dropped me, Sam, and Tucker off back here hours ago. I finally found myself in Danny's bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed, until I felt a breeze.

I looked over to see the huntress, dropping Vlad onto the side chair who was unconscious and Danny lying beside me also unconscious. "Danny!" I exclaimed. I looked over to see Valerie, revealing herself in front of me and she looked exhausted. "Valerie!?"

"Maybe I'll just rest...for a second." She muttered and sat down to the floor. "Hey, (Y/n)...take care of Danny."

I looked at her confused and started to say something, but then I found her fast asleep already. "Ah, you see, I told you they were up here." Mr. Fenton said as the door opened. I noticed Vlad wasn't with us anymore. "What do the kids call it... they were 'hanging out'!"

"Hi, (Y/n)!" Mrs. Fenton said with a wave and I waved back.

I turned back around when they left and Danny was awake. He looked at me confused, and wondered what happened and I quickly pulled him into a hug.

"Danny!" Sam and Tucker exclaimed, hurrying up to the bedroom.

"Whoa," Sam said, and I jumped in Danny's arms. "Sorry, are we interrupting something? Also, what happened to her?" We quickly detached ourselves from each other and looked at Valerie who was fast asleep on the floor.

"You name it..." Danny said. "Fright Knight. Ghost King. Vlad." He walked over to Valerie to place a hand on her forehead. "All of my enemies. Everything I thought I could handle, but couldn't." I frowned as he removed his hand and shrugged.

"Dude, you can't blame yourself for this." Tucker said.

"Yeah, it's not your fault." I said.

"Maybe not, (Y/n), but it is my responsibility." Danny said. He stood up and walked over to the three of us. Our hands were grabbed and I grabbed Sam's wrist as we turned invisible again for the second time today. We sunk to the laboratory where everyone was.

"And while the ecto-skeleton can enhance your natural abilities one-hundred fold, using it could be fatal." Mrs. Fenton explained.

"Which is exactly why I'll be using it." Mr. Fenton walked over, still feeling quite drained. "Because if the suit's killing anybody, it's going to be me." He got whacked in the back of the head by Mrs. Fenton.

"You're already weak from the first time you used the suit." She said, "I'll be going in."

Jazz slapped the back of her head and said, "Forget it, mom. Danny needs both of you. I'm doing this."

My dad slapped the back of her head as well, and I made an 'eek' face. "You're too young to be doing all of this. You have a bright future! I'll be the one to step forward."

"No, honey." Mom said, "I will be. (Y/n) needs you."

Then, it was like a domino effect where all the adults were trying to step in line to take over the battle suit. "I thought I was going to have to blast everybody with a ghost ray, but...this is much more efficient." Danny said as he looked at us with a smile.

I thought about it for a second, realizing what he's about to do. Sam said, "What? Danny, no, you can't."

He set us down slowly, turning us back to normal. "I'm the only one who has the chance to save our lives."