Chapter 3: The Regretful Wish

Later that day, we were sitting at a bench in the park for lunch at school. "It said (Y/n)?" Tucker asked and I was picking at my bag of chips on the side.

"Actually it was more like, "(Y/n)"...!" Danny mimicked the ghost from earlier. He held up his hands and made a spooky sound to go along with it. "But you get the point."

"You can't really blame (Y/n) for all of this, can you?" Sam asked in defense. I was sitting next to Danny and I glared at him.

Danny continued to tease me. "Well, it's got something to do with (Y/n), but don't worry!" He said while trying not to chuckle. He faced me. "I saved Paulina, so you don't have to apologize."

That made me mad. "Good." I replied, ruffling out my shirt. "Because I'm not going to."

"You just have to wear the Spector Deflector and stay out of the way, (Y/n)." Danny said to me, as he wrapped the belt around me. I gaped at him in shock.

"What?!" I shrieked. I was furious now. Sam and Tucker exchanged panicked looks, but I think Sam was more worried than he was about me.

"(Y/n), something weird is going on, and you're clearly the cause of it." Danny held up his hands and flattened them in the air and said, "It'd probably be better for all of us if you'd just 'lay low'."

"Yeah, (Y/n)!" Tucker agreed and also teased me the way Danny did. "You should just 'lay low'."

That was when we heard Paulina screaming in fear.

"Paulina again?" Danny said, and he turned around. "This is going to have to wait." Danny stood up before me and balled his hands into fists. "I'm going ghost!" Two rings appeared around him and transformed him into Danny Phantom. "Stay here, (Y/n)."

"Oh, I will." I held up my hands innocently and rolled my eyes. "I promise." When he flew off, I snatched my backpack angrily from the table and stood up. "The same way you kept your promise about going to the movies Friday, and you made Sam waste those tickets!"

I ended up leaving Sam and Tucker by themselves, but because I was so angry at Danny that I didn't want to be around anyone else.

~~~

*Danny's POV*

"This is like the worst birthday week ever." I heard Paulina say, glumly. She was parked by the water fountain, and she held up the dress she was going to wear for her birthday.

"Well, let's see if we can change that a little." I turned myself visible before her in my alter-ego and smiled.

"And now it's not!"

I turned to shoot out a ghost ray at the ghost who wore a black-body suit and had cybernetic parts. Her stomach made a hole and my ghost ray fired through it. "Wait, let me give you this." Paulina said to me as I braced myself for the next attack. "If I invite you, I can uninvite Danny Fenton and his loser friends!"

"What?" I asked, appalled and got trapped in a net by the woman herself. She grinned at me and I got tangled up in the net. Her net sent electric bolts within me and I screamed in pain. She unwrapped her net from me, her body turning back to normal, and shoved me in the water fountain.

When I landed, soaked from head to toe, I changed back to normal. The woman stood up before me and then I heard (Y/n) say, "Leave him alone!"

She looked over to (Y/n) who was on a moped. (Y/n) pressed a button on the belt and a green aura appeared around her body. Her moped crashed into the woman, and knocked her in the fountain.

I looked up at the ghost who glared at me. "(Y/n)...." the cybernetic woman said in an ominous voice. It was just like the way the first ghost had said it too.

Her body phased and I got to see her as a cyborg before she returned back to her normal form. Then she disappeared, the same way the first ghost did too. "Man, you're right." (Y/n) said with a smile. "That Specter Deflector works like a charm!"

"Nice save." I smiled back at her. I walked over to her through the fountain. "Although, to be fair, I probably wouldn't have needed it if it weren't for you in the first place." She offered her hand out to me. I took her hand in both of mine and I started to climb out. (Y/n)'s body glowed green as I stared at her, and when I touched her hand, her body shocked me twice as hard.

I screamed out in pain, falling back down into the water. "Uh, excuse me." (Y/n) said, placing her hands on her hips. I could feel the hairs standing up on my head. "I save your butt and you're giving me grief?"

I glared at her in response. "Welcome to my world, remember?" I asked, and mentioned times where she brought me trouble. I started to imitate (Y/n) on how she convinced me in her voice. "We should go check out my Dad's Ghost Portal. We should pick a fight with one of the most popular girls in school. We should believe that Vlad is telling the truth. We should figure out our friendship-slash-relationship together." I crossed my arms at her and got twice as mad.

"Anything else you wanna blame me for?" (Y/n) snapped at me. "Moving to Amity Park, being friends with you...puberty?"

"(Y/n), both monsters knew your name!" I said, trying to meet her in the middle. "If there's another (Y/n) involved in ghost fighting, or it's you."

"How about a 'thank you', huh?" She asked, and I noticed how hurt she felt. "You'd think Paulina or Sam would've saved your butt back there?"

"Paulina would if she wanted me to come to her party." I spat back after hearing that comment. I stood back up in the water fountain again. "And Sam did when I saved her on that high-wire."

"Danny...I swear, there are days where I wish I had never even met you or even told you how I felt about you!" (Y/n) angrily shouted as she sped off in her moped.

When she left, I felt miserable. "Way to go, Fenton." I told myself. "You just ticked off the only girl you might have a chance with and one of the three real friends you ever had." I pulled the invitation out of my back pocket that was drenched with water. "(Y/n)? Wait-!"

~~~

*Danny's POV (continued)*

"(Y/n), wait-!" I started to say, but then I gasped. I turned around and bubbles formed from the water fountain. A swirl of pink mist came out and I saw the genie ghost, Desiree once again. She was cackling with evil laughter.

"Finally!" She said, with pride.

"Desiree." I said and changed back to my ghost form. "You look...different."

"More powerful?" She tilted her head as if she didn't know herself, but I knew she was playing games with me. She did look different, and she still had the same Arabian outfit from the first time I fought her. "Why yes! The more wishes I grant, the more powerful I get!" I stared at her, speechless. "Only days away from the meteor shower where everybody will be making wishes!" She waved her arm out, and made her giant tail wrap it around me.

She picked me up with it and tossed me away from the fountain. "What do you want?" I demanded to ask.

"You...out of the way by Friday night." Desiree answered. "But it's not about what I want. It's about what your little girlfriend wants, and she just wished she'd never met you!"

"Oh..." I said, but then I finally realized what she just said. "Oh no!"

"And so she has wished it...So shall it be!" Desiree blasted me with a pink beam of light to grant the wish and I blacked out.