Chapter 37: The Annual Truce

Danny continued destroying the Christmas trees as they neared him, but they just kept coming. One of the Christmas trees pelted thorns at him, and he quickly turned invisible. 

His mother chops down trees, on the other side in search for him with a pair of double sided axes.

While his mother moved forth, Danny faced my attack.

"Danny, Danny, where are you?" Mrs. Fenton asked.

But he couldn't shout back. Every tactic he tried, would be destined to fail.

Danny got pushed down to the ground by one of the Christmas Trees, and another picked him up by the shirt. They tossed him in the middle of the ring, only to get covered in snow. He tried to get up, but he was exhausted, until he heard his mother's voice, "If you hear me, just scream."

Then, he had a thought and smiled. "Yeah, with my ghostly wail!"

As he stood up, he took a deep breath and let his powerful, vocal attack out. All of the Christmas Trees that were there, are now withering away. He continued to scream, until the last group of trees disappeared, and he found himself changing back to normal. He looked to the side and heard his mother chopping down the last of them. 

"Danny, thank heavens!" she said, "You had us all worried. When your dad saw the news and we stopped squabbling, and hurried. It's Christmas Eve, son, home is where you should be." Danny stood up and they walked home. "Let's get to the house, I'll make you some tea."

The Ghost Shield deployed, Danny turned to this thought. To take on this spirit, he knew who had wrought this holiday mischief, and left him to blame! Come on, now dear boy, here's where you call me lame!

Danny had went downstairs later that night to the lab to transform into his ghost form and went straight through the Ghost Portal. "Give it up, you can't hide!" Danny said, directing himself to the library up ahead. "I know just where to find you!"

But I'm still in control, allow them to remind you!

The Ghost Writer looked out the window with an evil smug on his face and quickly typed on the keyboard. Danny's hands emitted a green glow of ecto-energy and he sent a blast at the doors to knock them down until the whole library phased into a different building. He hopped down to the ground floor, and walked around.

"Them?"

Danny asked. Then he shuddered and trembled. The door brought him to where all his foes were assembled!

"We've been waiting for you..." 

Skulker said with a grin. 

Every ghost Danny had fought gathered around the room, looking menacingly at him. 

"Now our party can finally begin!" the Box Ghost said, rubbing his hands together with satisfaction. Danny looked confused as the lights flickered on, the room being lit with Christmas decorations. He looked around surprised. 

"Eat, drink, and be merry!" Skulker said, raising a glass. 

"Have some warm, Christmas goose!" Ember happily said, holding up the plate. 

"For surely you know about our annually truce!" Box Ghost said. 

~~~

The Ghost Writer slammed a fist down on his keyboard in shock. "The Truce?" He asked himself as he saw Danny smiling through the computer screen. "It's still holding? I thought they suspended it! To beat on their foe-"

~~~

"Oh, this truce? We defend it!" Skulker explained. "We don't fight on Christmas."

"One day of tranquility!" Bertrand said.