❥ Chapter Fourteen: Moon Feast

RONI

I woke up with a heavy breathing. I am in a cage-like room that is made up of bamboo trees and some strings. I am lying on the cold ground since last night and I have no exact idea where I am but I'm pretty sure that I am in the werewolf lair. I was oblivious as to why they didn't kill me nor have eaten me yet. Are they waiting for something? I glanced on the other side and saw how the dawn breaks, making the sky into a crimson shade. The place is almost deserted unlike when I arrived here last night. I was so shocked when I saw how greatly outnumbered my team is from the pack of werewolves which is also a wonder for me as to how they managed to multiply in a short amount of time. Some of them have the red collars with the names of the test subjects but I didn't see the female alpha, the male alpha and the kid werewolf. They didn't harm me but they keep on looking at me as if they're communicating towards each other.

Later after I was put in a cage, I passed out. But today, I noticed that I wasn't alone. There are five more cages across the room and they are all teenage girls who were about to die of dehydration. I tried to talk to them but no one dared to look at me. I sighed before looking around the cage. It is daylight and werewolves cannot go out without a moon. They should be below us, below the stairs on the right probably sleeping. I stood up slowly and reached my hand out to the spaces between the bamboos and tried to get the bamboo stick above me. I jumped but to no attempt. I decided to look around for something else and when I saw my phone on the far left, I grabbed the bamboo stick again. On my fifth jump, I successfully got the stick but I landed on my butt. I grimaced before standing up. One of the girls stare at me intently when I tried to use the stick to reach my phone. I pulled the phone even though it was so hard to. I grunted and tried to extend my arm as long as I can. When the stick hit the phone, I pulled it. And a few moments later, I successfully picked it. I tried to turn it on but it didn't. The battery might be dead. I sighed before leaning on the bamboo rails. I wish my friends made it back to California safely. I hope Jack is fine.

"Hey." Someone called. I looked around and saw one of the girls staring at me with hopeful eyes. I stood up and moved closer to the other side of the cage. She stood up too and carefully looked around us, making sure no one's watching us. "Where are you from?" She asked. "I'm from Mount View." I answered. Her forehead creased but she immediately fished a phone out of her dress.

"My phone is dead but I've been counting my days here. I arrived last month and these other girls came after three days. You were the first after that." She muttered with a low voice. She's been here for a month yet she looks perfectly okay to me, the same way as the other girls do. So there's a possibility that I will be here for a long time. But for what reason? Why are they keeping us imprisoned?

"My name is Alexis by the way. And you are?" She introduced. I smiled before nodding my head. "I'm Roni." I said. She then smiled at me weakly before she decided to sit. That's when I noticed her wounds and some blood stains on her dress. She doesn't appear to be in pain but by the looks of it, she needs to get her wounds cured. 

"Are you alone when they caught you?" She asked with a menacing look. It gives me chills and it looks creepy to me but I decided to shrug the thought off. I sat down and rolled up the sleeve of my shirt to check my bleeding arm. I wasn't paying much attention to it awhile ago but now it stings a little. I nodded without looking at her. I was alone when they caught me. My friends didn't make it in time but that's what I wanted. "Do you think we'll ever escape?" she asked, quietly. I shook my head slowly. There's no assurance that we can escape. There's no possibility even that we'll stay alive for a longer time. "I'm sorry for asking you so many questions. I should sleep." She whispered before turning her back against me and lied down on the cold ground.