❥ Chapter Twenty-Four: Memories

RONI

I woke up at a hospital bed and Jelly is sitting at the couch with my things on the bedside table. There are packed foods and fruits to and since I'm famished, I sat up on my own. My neck feels numb from the injection. Art gave me a sedative and I don't know why but I'm sure he has his reasons.

When I sat up, I gently pushed my blanket and stretched my limbs out. I feel like I haven't got any proper sleep and rest ever since. Ever since the um, the..

My forehead creased. I feel so confused right now. What am I thinking? What is wrong with me? I held on to the bed when I am standing, I'm feeling dizzy all of a sudden. My head hurts so much.

"Dr. Heartfillia." Jelly wake up from her slumber. She hurriedly went to my direction and supported me by holding my arm. "You should've stayed in bed." She muttered, worried.

I sat on the edge of the bed and she fetched me a glass of water. I gladly take it and managed to chunk down the half full glass. I took a deep breath after. "Is something wrong? Are you in pain?" Jelly asked.

"I'm having a migraine, that's all." I answered.

 "I'll page the doctor, stay put."

Jelly hurriedly went out of the room to call a doctor. I stood up and searched for my things. I looked at the bedside table and saw my shoulder bag that I kept on the locker during work. I unzipped it and searched for my belongings. My phone is here and my journal. Including some paper works that I forgot to submit.

I glanced everywhere at the room and noticed that I was asleep for the whole week. Why did I pass out that long? I looked at the food Jelly brought and looked for the medicines inside the drawer. I saw some bottles of sedatives and illegal drugs at the back of the drawer. Each labeled with the name Antigen.

I grabbed one bottle and put it inside my bag. I also tore some pages of my papers and wet it using the bottled water before I curl it all and throw inside the toilet bowl. I flashed is so no one would see it. I can't trust anyone. I can only rely on myself. Who knows what Antigen would do just to silence me?

When I heard footsteps outside, I immediately returned to the bed and sat at the edge. The door swung open and the doctor came in together with Jelly and Art. I was confused to see him. I don't want to see him.

"Hello Dr. Heartfillia. How are you feeling today?" The male doctor asked me while reading my chart.

"I feel a little dizzy. Please call me Veronica." I answered. He grabbed his stethoscope and made me do deep breaths. The bruises I have on my arm are now completely healed without any scar.

"You're stable now." He smiled at me.

"What happened exactly to me Doctor?" I asked. The male doctor and Art looked at each other before the latter walked towards me. He knelt down and held my right hand.

"I'm sorry for sedating you. I needed you to calm down or else our bosses will plot against you." He muttered. "You were about to do something Roni." Art added. I slapped his hand away. I raised my head and stare at my shrink.

"I can't seem to remember a lot that happened on our expedition. Doctor, what's happening to me?" I panicked a little. He bends down and tapped my shoulder.

"You lost those memories because they were traumatic. I'm sorry Veronica. You can't retain them as long as you're scared." He whispered. I nodded at him and waited for his instructions.