❥ Chapter Thirty-One: The Rendezvous

JACK

I was enveloped with the cold wind as soon as I stepped out of the cave. I haven't gotten out for a few days, I lost track of how much I spent my time inside the cave, and counting days of when will Art came and trying to build a solar power so I could charge my phone. The battery ran out right after I sent a message to Art and trying to dial Roni's number. She must've lost her phone on this island since the number is not available anymore.

I hid on the bushes and stopped walking every after minute, careful not to cross paths with the monsters. I am no match for them, in this state at least.

With every single step I take, my heartbeat sounds like a drum, I'm nervous of this but what the hell, this is Roni we're talking about. I have to save her and make sure she's unharmed.

Art is one to tell. I heard Luna the other day of them planning to meet with Arturo and proceed with their plan. It was reckless of me to call him and ask for help, I didn't know he'll betray me, us.

I stayed underground near the secret passage but the monsters came looking for me and that bastard told them where I hid so I changed my plan and stayed at a secluded and small cave. Luna is looking for me, and they are also looking for Roni. I can't let them have it their way. Thankfully, I got to talk to Nico. He was one of the young guards of the fortress and when I was able to trap him, he listened to me and believed me well. I just hope he makes it out alive somewhere, out of here, out of Luna's reach.

"Midnight." I whispered to myself. Half of the monsters are now at the fortress, gathering information and Luna is also inside at this time, planning for the attack. I have to make use of this time, this is our only chance.

I was halfway when I saw Art walking casually on the woods. I hid on one of the tall trees and calmed my nerves down. I gripped on my dagger and steadied my breathing. My blood boils upon seeing him, we've been friends since college but what he's done doesn't justify it. He betrayed us all.

I held the dagger and decided to just slit his neck. Anger overwhelmed me, it's dangerous. I was about to go out of hiding, out in the shadows when he suddenly spoke.

"Well, look who it is." Art smirked upon saying that. He turns around and I can't see who he's talking to. The branches of the trees are big enough for me not to be able to see who.

"I was looking for you but the odds are in my favor, they brought you to me." Art muttered.

"I prefer not to see you again but the odds are in my favor too. It'll be easy for me to kill you." The voice answered. My eyes widened in disbelief, this voice.

"I don't think you have it in you. You can't possibly kill me." I badly want to wipe that smirk off of Arturo.

"Oh yeah? Well, things changed Arturo." The familiar voice muttered. I heard her footsteps, she's walking closer to Art.

Arturo laughed as if he just heard a tremendous joke. His laughter echoed on the mountain. This isn't good, the werewolves might hear them.

"You're weak. That is why I am bringing you to Luna." Art muttered and now his face is dark, his expression changed.

Suddenly, Art cried in pain and he collapsed on the ground. He cursed a couple of times while holding his foot. I bend over and took a peak. She smirked at Arturo who's now helpless.

"You see Art, you've done such a horrible thing and I don't think I'll ever be guilty if I kill you." She muttered nonchalantly.

"Do you possibly think you could handle me? I am a werewolf now." Art slowly stood up and he broke the arrow. "You are no match for me, Roni." He muttered.