❥ Chapter Nineteen: Out Alive

RONI

Luna had me carried by two eight foot tall werewolves and transferred me to the arena. I noticed her baby bump when the wind blows, her dress tightened around here.

When we got inside, I roamed my eyes around the room and noticed we're still inside the cave. The werewolves lied me down on a golden stable and tied my hands and feet on each side. Candles are burning, surrounding me and there's a magic circle below where I am with drawings and markings I cannot comprehend.

As the time runs, the arena was filled with werewolves, standing a few feet away from me and they're eyeing me suspiciously. I don't know what's happening. Luna walked around us naked. I can clearly see now her growing stomach that has scratches all over. Claw marks are visible on her legs and thighs too. It looks new, the wound is still bleeding. She narrowed her eyes at me before facing the large crowd. They multiplied in a short amount of time, only Luna could do that and the Male Alpha but he's nowhere to be seen.

"My dear clan, it is an honor for me to announce that the very own scientist who created us are with us tonight." Luna uttered with complete authority. "Dr. Veronica Heartfillia is now at the tip of our claws and with her blood, we'll become more powerful. We will evolve far greater than what we are right now."

My forehead creased. What is she saying?

"Tonight, we'll feast on her blood and take on Antigen!" She screamed. Luna turned to me and she leaned forward so she could take a closer look at my demise. What she just said slowly registers to my brain. They'll eat me and empty my blood. My eyes widened in horror.

"Damn you!" I spat at her but she just smirk. She leaned closer to my face and giggled as if she just won this battle of the century. "What are you doing?" I asked, horrified when she dug her nails on my shoulder. I screamed in pain.

"Why do you think I injected you my blood, Roni?" She asked. I shook my head while trying not to cry. She dug her nails deeper on my skin, I can feel my blood dripping.

"I injected you the serum but not only your blood dispersed the genetic modification but you evolve into something inhumane, a hybrid." Luna whispered to my ear. I shook my head slowly, my body goes numb.

"No, that's a lie." I muttered. She caressed my left cheek slowly and smiled triumphantly. "You won't transform but you have the agility, the strength of being one. Your blood can return us all to human again but I discovered that your certain blood pattern can make us retain our human intelligence with the power of a werewolf."

I shook my head as tears flowed down my face. What have I done? All along, I am the sole specie that could wipe the entire human race.

"I guess Antigen never told you that." She sounded surprised but then she laughed after. "The head and leading zoologist of the famous company isn't aware of Antigen's motive on hiring her."

"Corpus Achilles was developed by the help of your DNA."

No, that can't be. No!

JACK

I gathered Roni's things and stare at the documents she brought inside her bag pack. Art is our lookout for tonight, we went back inside the cave and decoded to take shelter before we rescue Roni tomorrow. Lauren and Matt are sleeping on the cold ground while Prim is beside me, staring at nothingness.