Three-Papillon

I woke up to shuffling beside me. Octavia scooted closer to me, wrapping herself farther under her jacket. I looked up, mesmerized by the blue glowing forest above. Mushrooms could be seen throughout the trees as animals screeched around us. I sat up, taking in the birds chirping and the blue radiance of the trees. Finally, I stood throwing my jacket over Octavias sleeping figure. Carrying myself over to a tree stump filled with neon algae. Clarke and Finn were talking a little bit over the hill. I walked further, admiring the scenery when I heard a branch snap behind me. 'huh, that's weird. It must be one of the others' i thought. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I heard the familiar voice. Clarke walked up, standing beside me. I kept staring out into the vast woods. "It really is. I never thought this would be the way I would spend my eighteenth birthday. But I'm not complaining." I laughed slightly. 

"Today's your birthday?" She asked. I nodded, picking up a bright pink glowing flower. "Yeah. This is better than being floated." I chuckled, looking over to her. Her smile dropped as we made eye contact. Then, silence overtook us as we sat in peace. 

"Today's my birthday too." She said quietly. I nodded, picking up the flower I had sat down with as I handed it to her, "Happy birthday." 

She genuinely smiled, grasping the flower in her hands, "Happy birthday to you too." We sat in a comfortable silence as birds chirped around and frogs croaked in the distance. "Hey, you wanna hear something funny?" She asked. I looked at her skeptically, "Sure,"

"Finn found a footprint. He thinks they're from monkeys." I laughed, hearing what she had just said as I held my hand over my mouth, trying not to wake anyone up. "I'm sorry, im- it was just funny." She laughed, seeing stupid the idea sounded. "I heard of Monkeys in earth skills, but they wouldn't have inhabited here and definitely couldn't be able to travel that far." I chuckled. 

"That's exactly what I said." She countered back. 

We both chuckled, talking about Finn and his conspiracy theories of the ground. How he either thought there were monkeys or bears. He even mentioned kangaroos. "You really care about him, don't you?" I asked, watching her face soften. "We've only been here for less than a day. I don't uh- I don't know." I nodded, smirking, "I see the way you look at each other. It's the same way Murphy used to look at me." 

Her brows came together in confusion as she looked at me, "Used to?" She asked. I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face in exhaustion. "He hasn't looked at me like that in months. I've been locked up my entire life, but he was the only one besides Octavia who gave a shit about me. He was there when I needed anything." I paused, "And I was there when he needed me. Even helped him fight off some assholes a few times." I laughed, thinking of the memory of how we first met. "We had been sitting in the skybox lounge, as we called it. Still prisoners, but prisoners with a social life." She snickered, "Some guy was making fun of a little girl. So I helped him beat the absolute crap out of him. Ever since then, we've been inseparable." My smile dropped, "Well, that was until they locked me in solitary with Octavia." I looked over at her, "Apparently, I'm dangerous, and guards hate her attitude." she frowned as we both sat in silence once again. 

"Your not locked up anymore, Natalia. You're free. Think about how they are up there, and we are down here, and maybe you'll be able to get over the past." She stated, breaking the silence. 

"I know you're trying to help Clarke, but once they come down. I won't be free anymore." I replied, standing up and making my way back toward Octavia. 

***The Dropship***

Wells laid on a tree stump behind a bush. Suddenly he felt a hand cover his mouth as he opened his eyes. Bellamy crouched over him, a gun in his hand pointing right at wells.