II- twenty-six

Bellamy sat down beside Nat, handing her a drink he had grabbed from the food distributor. They had walked for two days, not wanting to stop in fear of someone speaking about what had happened. Finally arriving back at camp, Bellamy suggested they get a drink; recoup from the events of three days before. 

Clarke placed down a hand-drawn map, one she had obtained in mount weather. "Okay, say it again."

"It's a labyrinth." Clarke pointed at one of the black lines, "We got to the dam through this tunnel." Nat took a drink of the liquid, wincing at the strong taste. "It's all connected to the mine system, that's our way in."

"Sure," Bellamy bobbed his head up and down, "If we can get past the reapers and the mountain men." Nat bowed her head, resting on Bellamy's shoulder. His muscles tensed, yet sunk into her soft touch a moment later. "I swear to god," He spoke lowly, "If your mom doesn't sanction a mission soon I'm going by myself." 

"You won't be by yourself." Clarke shook her head, gesturing to the redhead leaning on his shoulder.

Something caught the blonde's eye making Bellamy and Nat peer back to see Finn and Murphy exit the Ark. "Guess the inquisition's over." He turned back, missing the heat from Nat's body on his. "How is Finn doing?" Bellamy questioned, slowly sliding his hand under the table as his fingers entwined with Natalia's. Her breath halted for a moment, feeling his pulse in her fingers. Like they were synchronized. 

"I haven't talked to him since we got back." Clarke dropped her head, playing with the map in front of her. "I don't know what to say." Her eyes blanked out as she remembered, "He just kept shooting."

"We're at war, Clarke." Bellamy shook his head, "We've all done things."

"People make mistakes." Nat chimed in, giving her sister a soft smile. "But what he did won't come without repercussions."

The blonde was about to ask what she meant when Finn walked up, "Hey."

"Hey," The three all said in unison. Clarke finally met Finn's eyes, looking up at him with distaste and a slight terror. Bellamy let out a deep breath, standing up with Nat's hand still in his. "Next rounds on us, come on Nat." The redhead followed, leaving her sister to a for sure awkward conversation. 

"Two please," Bellamy mumbled to the worker, earning a nod. "What do you think they're talking about?" He questioned, watching Nat eye her sister. She shrugged, "Looks like he's doing most of the talking." They could see the tension a yard away, knowing Clarke had no idea what to say. 

Bellamy handed Nat her a metal cup, watching her take a large gulp as she placed the drink back on the makeshift bar. "What did you mean when you said Finn's actions would have repercussions?"

Nat looked up at the sound of Bellamy's voice, thinking about his question. She took a deep breath, the corset from her armor making it harder to breathe with each inhale. "We may be at war with the grounders," She paused, thinking about all the villages and towns she had seen with Ivar. "But that was a working village. One that doesn't have weapons, warriors, or leaders." 

Bellamy bowed his head, "We weren't at war with them."

Nat shook her head, silently agreeing. "We're at war with the ones who want us gone. Which may be less of them than more." Picking up her cup she took another swig, letting the vile taste numb her senses. "We weren't at war with that village," Looking back as Finn was walking off, "We sure as hell are now."

Sitting her cup down on the table, she made her way to sit down right when Raven showed up. "Beat it, Murphy." 

"Well then," He stood, "Have a good one."