II- twenty-three

The group looked down in terror at Natalia. She slowly opened her eyes, instantly meeting Bellamy's.

"Nat! Nat, hold on!" She nodded, looking up.

"Focus on me," Bellamy stated, his voice softening. "You can do this, Nat."

"I know, Bellamy! I just don't like fucking heights!"

He laughed, "You lived in space and you ride a horse!!"

Nat scoffed, "Space wasn't really a choice! And Calida is five feet from the ground." She looked up at Bellamy, her voice wavering slightly, "Not five hundred.."

He nodded, his eyes on her's the whole time. "You are Natalia Gwenyth Griffin! You survived a hell of a lot more than I could've." Tears sprung to Bellamy's eyes as he saw her hands gripping onto the rope for dear life. The way her fiery red hair stuck to her sweaty forehead. And the way her eyes never left his.

"You've yelled at me for some pretty stupid shit." Bellamy smiled when he heard Nat's beautiful laugh he hadn't heard in so long. "But I'm not gonna yell at you for this. Unless It's to tell you, you are surviving this. Your stubborn!!"

Nat looked up, "Not a good time for insults, Bell!"

"You are the most stubborn person I've ever met."

"Seriously, not a good time-"

"So be stubborn a little longer and don't die." Bellamy interrupted, "I'm not letting you die, Nat."

Finn pulled Bellamy back, "We're out of rope."

"Then make a new one-"

"If anything happens to our friends-"

"Natalia is our friend!" Bellamy shouted, making Finn stop arguing. "Do you wanna find Clarke then tell her the whole reason she'll never see her sister again is because you wanted to give up?!"

Finn dropped his head, scoffing.

"How do we do it?" Murphy asked, clenching and unclenching his fists. He knew he had hurt Nat in more ways than one. But there was a time when they loved each other. And he wasn't about to give up on saving her.

"We make new rope from the wreckage." Bellamy stated, "Go find wires, seatbelts, anything." Murphy nodded, Monroe, following behind him as they went to look for supplies.

"I hope your right. And they aren't dead by the time we get there."

Bellamy nodded, "Even if I'm not. I would give anything just to save her."

_

Monroe, Finn, and Murphy held onto the rope as Bellamy fastened it around his thighs. He knew Nat couldn't hold on for much longer, neither would the weak tree branch.

"Alright, ease it out slowly," Murphy said, letting go of the rope inch by inch, as Bellamy carefully walked backward off the cliff. Bellamy grunted, looking down as the branch started to break.

"Bell..." Nat groaned, seeing the wood start to give.

"Just hang on. I'm almost there." He was finally at her level, holding out his hand as she wearily stretched out hers. Bellamy grasped onto her waist, pulling her body into his. His heartfelt calm for the first time in almost hours.

He had her and this time he wasn't letting her go. "It's okay, Nat. I got you. Put your arms around me." Nat shook her head, closing her eyes.

"I'm gonna fall, Bell."

"You're not gonna fall- Hey! Look at me." She slowly opened her eyes, staring right into his. He held tightly onto her small waist, entwining his legs with hers. "This will hold. I won't let you fall, baby."