Come Back Home

[I just thought of this song while writing this... enjoy x]

The landscape zoomed passed me but for once the rough beauty of Scotland couldn't calm me down or give me hope. Lucifer was driving the car now and Makri was in the passenger seat while I was in the back. I had lost any feeling for time as we left the Consi; they had tried to talk to me but I could only see their lips moving and their worried faces dancing in front of my eyes. What they said didn't make any sense to me and after a while they just stopped trying. I felt like I should be excited, after all I was gonna see the pack again in a few hours and my parents as well. I rejoiced at the prospect of seeing my mum and dad, and Kilyan and everyone but at the same time, my wolf couldn't forget the fact that we had just lost our pup. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I was cold, so cold and I felt sick. Every time I tried to open my mouth and say something, the words got stuck in my throat and no sound came out. I could hear music playing faintly in the background and recognised 2NE1's Come Back Home. 

Come back home;
Can you come back home~ 

I felt myself tearing up again as the lyrics hit home. I was away from home, but so was Gia and my wolf whined. Somewhere deep down I could feel Lucifer's pain, his pain as he saw me like this but also the pain of losing Gia. It wasn't only my wolf who had accepted her as a pup. 

We have to snap out of it. I told my wolf sternly and after some more whines and protests, I locked her away in to the back and took over again. I straightened up when I had complete control over my body and opened my mind to Makri and Lucifer's. 

"I'm sorry." I said and my voice sounded strangely foreign and rough but I tried a smile and was greeted by a happy smile from Makri and a relieved one from Lucifer, who kept his eyes on the road but reached over to me with one hand to give my knee a soft squeeze. 

Love you, fairy.  He whispered over the mate-link. 

Love you, puppy. I answered him and then started singing along to the song. I closed my eyes trying to relax but immediately Gia's crying face popped up in front of me and I could hear her screaming mine and Lucifer's name. I sat up with a start, breathing heavily and looked around frantically. Lucifer had pulled over and was just now ripping the car door open and lifted me out of the car and into his arms.

"Fairy, don't scare me like that. It was like- no." He buried his face in my neck and breathed in deeply.

"You smell like hyacinths." He chuckled and I let out a short laugh, to which he pulled away and pressed a kiss to my lips. "Promise you'll always smile for me." He whispered as he let his forehead rest against mine. I felt my cheeks heat up but I nodded.

"Promise." I smiled and let my hands travel over his broad shoulders, his warmth seeping into my skin.

Come on, you love birds. I'm happy you're okay now, Eddie and I'm liking you being all cute and that but we need to get back to see what happened while we were gone. Makri's voice sounded in our heads and after we kissed one last time, Lucifer and I got back into the car. The rest of ride was silent as we all got lost in our thoughts. Mine automatically went back to Gia. My darling was with her Hive and that should be the right choice for her but I couldn't help my selfish feelings of wanting her with me and not fairies she doesn't know.

-

"We're almost there." Lucifer said, excitement bubbling in his voice and I felt it too. The familiar feeling of home was finally settling in as we drove past the harsh shore close to our territory. The whole way we had seen various animals come out of the thick forests and rocky slopes of mountains to stand at the road as we drove passed and bow their heads. It amazed me every time it happened but the sense of security and gratefulness that swept over me soon became my constant companion. The Pecudis seemed to be everywhere and I was glad they were on my side; they were one of the more powerful Hives due to their power and population.