Pep Talk And Memories

I felt someone nudge me, but didn't move to see who it was; I already knew. Luke's wolf whined and then he turned, gathering me up into his arms.

"What is it, darling?" He whispered into my ear and I couldn't help a sob escaping me.

"He... he doesn't want us. I know it. I saw it. He ran." I mumbled and pressed my face into his chest. I could feel that he wanted to say something but he chose not to, instead just rocking me back and forth in his lap, humming the melody to my favourite wolf's song. An ancient melody that my mother used to sing for me when I was upset; I didn't know how Luke knew it but I let myself get lost in the tunes.

He took me home after a while when I'd finally pulled myself together. Falling onto my bed at home, he plopped down next to me and we just stared at the ceiling for a while.

"Ed... who... who is it?" He asked hesitating as if he was afraid I'd lash out or start breaking down again. 

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I laughed bitterly.

"Eddie. Please tell me." He pushed himself up on his elbows and looked down at me. I turned around so my back was facing him and sighed

"It's Lucifer." I whispered almost wishing that he wouldn't hear me, but he did. Of course he did.

"Lucian?" He asked incredulously. I nodded and wrapped my arms around myself.

"Is it me, Lukey? Am I that ugly? Is my wolf that revolting? Maybe I look too much like a fairy for him to-"

"Stop! Stop right there." He turned me around and brushed the hair from my forehead. "You are stunning, Eden. Trust me, if I wasn't gay I would be on you like a wolf in heat. Times like these make me wish the gods had ignored my sexual orientation and mated me with you. Everything would be easier, huh? I'm sure you could turn me straight." He winked and I laughed, if quietly.

"You can't turn someone straight- or gay for that matter. You're born it." I deadpanned and he smiled; probably relieved I was at least talking again.

"I'm still sure you could turn me." He grinned and I sat up. I made my hair turn white blonde just for the fun of it and ran a hand through it.

"Still gorgeous." he smiled and I leaned over to peck his cheek.

"I love you, you know that?" He grinned like a five yea old and then smirked.

"I know you do; I mean who doesn't?" He joked and I punched his arm playfully.

"Just kidding. love you too honey." He smiled and pulled me into his warm embrace.

We lay there for a bit, not even talking just revelling in the others presence and warmth. In that moment I really wished he could've been my mate. It would've been perfect.

-

Luke ended up staying the night and I was so thankful, I considered kissing his feet, but he hid his feet underneath himself, his face contorted in a mask of disgust.

"Ew, girl I love you and all but no... just no." he'd said and I had just laughed and hugged him tightly. Dinner was actually fun for a change. My parents only allowed Luke to stay in my room because they knew he was gay; I chuckled at the memory of them finding out a few years back.

"Mum I'm home!" I hollered as I stepped into the hallway. I closed the door behind Luke as he stepped in a bit nervous. Well a lot nervous, actually, he was shaking.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Your dad-"

"Will be fine. You're my friend." I interrupted his stuttering. He took off his shoes and I dragged him into the living room.

"I brought a friend over I hope you don't mind." I grinned at Luke's pale face as I tugged him into the kitchen/dining room.

"Hello honey, just come right in. How was the test?" My mum smiled at us and clicked her fingers. The grape vine that grew through the window, started growing and curled around the bowl of soup to carry it to the table. I grinned at Luke's big round eyes and gave my mum a kiss on the cheek before grabbing the salad bowl to place on the table.

"Meh- I guess it was fine. I didn't quite get the translation right but it's Latin. I make most of it up anyways." I winked and mum just rolled her eyes.

"Who's your friend?" She asked and I facepalmed.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. This is Luke. He's gonna be my best friend I know it." I grinned and Luke groaned before he stretched out his hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mrs Greene."

"Oh darling, he is very polite and handsome." My mum chuckled and took his hand before pulling him in for a hug.

"Call me Stella, no need to be formal. I got a feeling that you're gonna be around a lot." she laughed and winked at me.

"Told you she was awesome." I whispered when she left the room to go check on my dad in the study. Luke went to answer but froze when he looked behind me. I turned to see my father striding in. He was an impressive man that's for sure. With the typical muscular built of a wolf but taller than most of us, his piercing blue eyes contrasted his black hair and he had this aura of power around him that marked him as Beta of the pack. I couldn't help a grin from spreading on my face.

"This is Luke, dad." he studied Luke for a second before he reached out to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Greene." Luke looked about ready to faint and I chuckled inwardly. He was the cutest thing.

"Call me Calum." My dad's voice was really deep and even I could appreciate the warm velvety melody in it. I could see how my mum fell for him. I also remembered the times my dad sang for me when I was little and crawled into my parents' bed after a nightmare. He sat down after pressing a kiss to my hair and ruffling it quickly which earned him a glare from me and a laugh from my mum. We ate in peace and laughed and talked a lot. Luke fit right in with them and it made me overly happy.

"We're gonna go to my room now, ya?" I announced when we'd finished clearing the table.

"Fine but leave the door open." My dad threw Luke a hard glare. "No funny business, boy." He announced with a stern glare at Luke.

"With all due respect, sir." Luke suddenly straightened and looked my dad square in the eyes."I am gay." He deadpanned and my dad's eyes widened for a second, but I could see the knowing glint behind them."I know, son. I was just making sure you could stand up for yourself." He winked and left Luke standing next to me while I doubled over with laughter.

"What are you laughing about?" Luke grumbled. We were lying in bed and he'd obviously been asleep already.

"Oh nothing. Just remembered that time my parents found out you were gay." He joined into my laughter soon enough.

"That was quite the experience that's for sure. I can still remember him going "No funny business, boy." That was so good." He said, lowering his voice to impersonate my dad; he failed miserably but that only added ot the comical factor. We laughed for a little bit longer before we drifted off to sleep.

-

That night I dreamed about the big, blond wolf with the stunning green eyes and in the morning I couldn't help but wonder why it had to be him. The devil, Lucifer. But Lucifer meant light-bringer, the irony was not lost on me. The one who had (intentionally or not) pushed me into the darkness, was my bringer of light.