Two Fairies, A Sprite and The Big, Bad Wolf

[A/N] there's some sensitive matter ahead... nothing too explicit but I warned you all~ hope you enjoy it either way.... 
Kxx

I'd been running for a good hour until I reached the beach. The salty air filled my lungs and i calmed down a bit. Two years. It couldn't be. He was making it up. He hadn't known that long he couldn't have. Why would he keep it from me? The wind ruffled the white fur of my wolf and I lifted my snout higher to sniff the air. There was an unfamiliar smell mixed with the calming scent of the sea and I looked around immediately and scanned the beach and surroundings for any living mind.

"Hello Eden." It was the Meli fairy, Makri. Her short hair ruffled in the breeze and I changed back immediately.
"I have to say you are quite fascinating." I scoffed.

"Oh yeah? Well why don't you take me with you and watch me everyday." I immediately felt sorry for snapping at her like that and turned to apologise but she stopped me.

"It's okay. I understand." Cocking an eyebrow at her, I sent her a questioning look.
"Despite your marking the wolf as yours, I know that you haven't officially marked him yet. And neither has he. The tension between you is quite obvious." She smiled a warm smile that made me want to spill all my secrets to her.

"Well, you got that one right." A comfortable silence stretched out between us as we reached the water. I stood with my feet in the cold surf and smiled.
"So are you here to help?"

"Yes." She was staring at the horizon. "The Meli, Aquae, Maris and Terrae Hives have joined sides with the wolves." She sighed.
"And the Mentis of course, but that was expected." We shared a laugh but fell silent again.

"How old are you?" I suddenly blurted but she didn't seem to mind.

"112." she laughed and I felt my mouth hang open a bit, even though I know I should be used to this.
"But I think I'm 16 in your years."

"I'll never live that long." I sighed and she lifted a hand to my shoulder.

"Sometimes that is a blessing. You will live longer than humans but not as long as a fairy. Imagine though. Your mate is a wolf; if you lived the life time of a fairy you would lose him before a quarter of your life is over." I sighed. She had a point and even though I hadn't mated with him yet and it didn't look like either of us was going to give in soon, I couldn't imagine my life without him.

"You have to give in soon, Eden. Time is limited and with the killings and a potential battle ahead, it is precious and rare. To have your mate and know him before you die is a blessing yet a curse. It gives you strength but great weakness. The weakness only multiplies when the mating is incomplete and left raw." She seemed so wise at that moment, with the soft winter sun illuminating her skin and hair that I wanted nothing more than to go and find Lucifer, declare this mess over and be happy. 

"Should I go now?" I whispered and continued to just stare off to sea. There was a muffled sound and then silence. I frowned, I could've sworn Makri would be the kind of person to always answer- Suddenly I heard a vicious laugh behind me and I whirled around. I looked straight into two coal black eyes, the face framed by glowing hair. The evil smile contorted the Sprite's thin lips and the wild, intricate patterns of the ash patterning made him appear even wilder, even more dangerous. I swallowed hard and tried to look away and search for a sign of Makri, but I found I couldn't take my eyes off the man in front of me. 

"The abomination." He drawled and his voice sent shivers of fear and disgust up my spine. 
"Take her. This one's gonna be fun." He snarled and I panicked as soon as the dark stuffed cloth was draped over my head.

Lucifer. Was the last thing on my mind before it all went black.

-

"Eden. Eden." Something was hissing my name. I groaned and then the memories cam rushing back. I scooted away from the voice with a hiss of pain, clutching my head, only to realise there were silver shackles around my wrists. 
"Sh keep it down. It's just me, Makri. Stay calm. They drugged us but we'll be fine in another few minutes." She whispered and at last I opened my eyes. We were in a dark, dungeon like place, but there was no stone around us, only leaves and mud and faint, grey light filtering through branches and thick chunks of trees. The shackles were connected to a big metal stump and Makri was equally shackled. 

"Where are we?" I whispered but Makri only shook her head. 

"Quiet in there!" The shout came from everywhere and no where at all, but suddenly a Sprite appeared in front of us. He was of Ignis Heritage, his flaming hair was tangled and unkept and the ashen drawings wild, intricate and almost dangerous. But what was most disturbing were his eyes; they weren't the usual red colour that Ignis Fairies possessed, they looked as if his eyes were alight with fire. His ears were stuffed with some kind of (probably soundproof) material.

"I cannot hear your witching voice now Meli and so that I can actually enjoy the abomination's cries I will have to quickly. I am sorry about this, little fairy, it won't hurt too badly, I promise." And with an evil grin spread across his lips he stalked towards her slowly. 

I will not tell you what happened next for it is too gruesome to ever put into words. I am still haunted by these few moments of... Makri has never been quite the same. She does not often speak aloud as if the days we spent with the Sprites had driven the will out of her. She still wears the scars around her beautiful lips and whenever I see her, I glare when people stare her, but they still do.

"Makri?" I whispered, but she only winced in pain. She wouldn't look at me. Huddled in the far corner of the room, she rocked herself back and forth. 

"Makri, please." I begged for a few days that felt like years until she finally turned around and screamed at me in her thoughts.

Don't. You have no idea what- 

"I know and I'm not claiming that I did. But this isn't helping." I hissed back at her. My gaze flitted over towards the door for a second when I heard the guard mumble something, then turned back to her. 
"Look. If you're okay with this then I will establish a mind-link between us." Her eyes grew wide. "But the only way we'll be able to properly converse yet keep the other out of our every thought, is by making it a permanent one." I sensed her protest and hushed her. "I'm sorry but it's the only way we'll be able to get out of here alive. That way we can make plans without them hearing, don't you see?" Makri continued to stare at me before she nodded. I sighed in relief and shuffled over to her.

"Come here, and give me your hands." Her hands were cold as I took them but I chose to ignore it for the time being. I concentrated on her mind and the walls around it until I felt her take them away. I reached out to her mind and let hers probe mine and as we sat there, experiencing each other's minds, I wove the link in between them. 

Can you hear me? I asked tentatively.

Yes. came the immediate answer. I smiled at her and she did her best to smile back at me but I could see her mouth straining underneath the thread. 

Okay, we need ot find a way out. We've been here for about four days. Someone is bound to have started looking for us- 

I didnt' finish the sentence because there was a loud boom and suddenly a big blond ball of fur was thrown into our midst. I pushed myself up onto all fours and crawled towards it carefully. It was definitely a wolf, i could see that much and an enormous one at that, but who...? The wolf suddenly groaned and moved ever so slightly. I pulled back instinctively before leaning forwards again. 

Be careful. Came Makri's silent advice. I only nodded not wanting to irritate the wolf. I crept around to where I guessed its head had to be and finally saw something. A pair of dark green eyes staring at me. I recognised those eyes.

Lucifer.