Lesson I: Recognise A Fairy

"The most important thing about fairies is that they are highly intelligent." My mum stood in front of a class of about 20 werewolves ranging from pups to elders since groups weren't split by year groups but by the wolves opportunity and timetables. 

"They plan five steps ahead and have three backup plans for each step of the way." A murmur came form the back of the class where one of the oldest wolves of our pack was sitting.

"Do you mean to say that they can plan all that in their head? How is that possible?" He exclaimed.

"Like I said fairies are highly intelligent. Our brains work on different levels to those of other species. This means that fairies can be deadly in battle and especially in one-on-one combat. Another myth that I will have to debunk in order for you to fight the fairies if that becomes necessary is that fairies cannot fly; that's pixies. With exception of the Aetheris Hive who have control over air and ether. They are able to move the air around their bodies in such a way that it allows them to levitate. They also ride the wind and birds." The wolves around me looked short of terrified. The aspect of potentially having opponents who were able to control the air around you and even ride the wind was a daunting one. 

"I will give you a quick overview of all the Hives." She pulled up a photo on the screen behind her; two fairies stared back at us, a male and a female. Their hair was the colour of glowing embers and their eyes looked like black pitches of coal. The skin was deathly pale and painted with what looked to be ashes; they were tall and packed with lean muscle. 

"This is a couple of the Ignis Hive. They control Fire and heat, which makes them dangerous because they can conjure flames in their hands but also because their temper matches their powers. They are easily angered and cannot remain still. Once you have gained their trust though, they are fiercely loyal and will stop at nothing to help you. It takes a long time to gain their trust though as they are naturally skeptical and prefer solitude." 

"This-" She pulled up a picture of a couple with deep blue eyes and of slender, but muscular built. The female's hair was lilac and the male's a dark forest green. Pale skin contrasted with cherry red lips that even stood out in the male's face. "is a couple of the Mentis Hive. I myself am part of this tribe and we have control over the mind. The fairies of the Mentis Hive have acquired the powers of Telepathy and telekinesis over the thousands of years of our existence. For example:" She lifted a pen that lay on her desk in the air and molded it into a slightly sharper object before firing it into the wall at the end of the classroom; Telekinesis was an awesome power. The shocked faces of the wolves around me, almost made me chuckle but I kept it in. "This power can be very destructive, but the Mentis Hive is allied with us and the Ignis Hive have always been our enemy." She pulled up another photo, this time the couple had black hair and light blue eyes, their skin also had a slightly blue taint to it and their hands and feet were webbed. Their faces had something alien to them; the eyes seems abnormally large and bone structures fine and slim. 

"This is a couple of the Aquae Hive. They control sweet waters like rivers and lakes. They can ask obedience of the inhabitants of said bodies of water but never command them; they are a very peaceful Hive and will never choose confrontation if they can evade it. Their sister Hive is the Maris Hive." She pulled up a picture of a couple with black hair that had a dark green shimmer streaking through the wet tresses. Their eyes were white, which made them look blind and their hands and feet were equally as webbed as the Aquae Hive's. 

"The Maris Hive control the salt waters, meaning the ocean. Similar to the Aquae Hive they can control the water itself but not the inhabitants. They are more warlike than the Aquae Hive but will always stand by their sister Hive no matter what their decision." The next couple that popped up on the screen evoked a gasp from the class. The couple was completely white, except for their golden iris. Their bodies were lean and slim and their hair reached down to the floor.