The Wolf's Control

"Kilyan!" I hollered through the whole house. "I'm bored!" 

"Eden!" He shouted back. "I don't care!" I huffed and pushed the door to his room open; he was lounging on his couch with his NintendoDS. I rolled my eyes and seeing as Luke and Lucifer were god knows where I pushed the door closed quickly and locked it.

"I never thought I would be raped by my cousin." Kilyan exclaimed dramatically and put his game down.

"Shush." I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch, facing him. "You know what I want to talk about." 

"Look, I don't know why Lucian-"

"It's not Lucian and you know it." He groaned and tried to take his game, but I used my power to lift it up and throw it onto his bed.

"Eden! You promised you wouldn't use it on me." He pouted and I laughed.

"I didn't use it on you. I used it on your Nintendo." He rolled his eyes and slumped back on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. 

"Luke is hurting." I whispered and Kilyan moved, his wolf whimpering.

"I know, but-"

"There shouldn't be any 'but's, Yan. Please. You're both hurting, I just... I don't want to see you like that anymore. Either of you." Kilyan started to say something but there was a pounding on the door. "What?" I screamed.

"Just wondering when you wanted lunch?" It was Lucifer. I sighed and moved to stand up, but Kilyan pulled me back down.

"If you're lecturing me on my mate, how about I do the same for you: Lucian is hurting. He doesn't show it, he never does and I can see you hurting too. I don't need to read minds for that. I know you've had your... misunderstandings." I huffed. "But don't you think it's time to forgive and forget."

"I will never forget." I hissed and pulled away. I ripped the door open to see Lucifer's smirking face.

"Move, pup." I growled and saw Lucifer's eyes widen in surprise, but he moved and let me pass. I rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Luke was already cooking something. 

"What you cooking?" I asked as I worked the iPod dock and turned my iPod on shuffle.

"Just some pasta; we have meat as well though, so we can have some of that too." He turned to look at me and laughed as I started dancing and singing to BtoB's "You're So Fly". Amber and Krystal had left their mark on our little friendship group by introducing us to K-Pop, Korean music. BtoB were one of my favourite groups and Luke giggled as I tried to actually sing along and dance while fixing the steak I'd found in the fridge. I continued to sway to the music and was now cooking the meat, when my wolf whined and I knew Lucifer had joined us in the kitchen.

"You can fix us some drinks." I said without turning around. He seemed to hesitate for a second before moving to the cupboard that held the glasses. 

"Could you set the table, please?" Luke said a few minutes after and when I turned around I saw that Kilyan had also entered the kitchen now. He nodded and moved to get plates and cutlery while Lucifer was still struggling with the three bottles of coke he was carrying. I sighed and took one out of his arms and put it down on the table for him.

"There."

"Thanks, Ed." He whispered and his response sent shivers down my back. I whirled on him and grabbing his wrist I dragged him out of the kitchen and into the living room where I was sure Kilyan and Luke couldn't hear us.

"Why do you keep doing this?" I almost shouted. "You are mean to me one minute and all arrogant and cocky and then suddenly you start calling me Ed again and are all nice and cute and..." I broke down. Falling to my knees, I could feel my wolf whimpering with her tail between her legs and hot tears started rolling down my face. And as another sob escaped me, I felt a warm pair of arms go around me and I was pulled into a hard chest. I don't know how long it took for me to regain control but I hated myself every second I spent showing him my vulnerability. At the same time my wolf reveled in the feel of her mate and the electrifying sparks and shivers that ran through my body almost made me forget how we'd ended up in this predicament in the first place.

"Get off me." I growled when my tears had finally subsided and I had my wolf under control. Or so I thought, because the moment he let go of me and pulled me up on my feet with him, I lost control and my wolf took over. I could see the surprise and shock in his eyes as I jumped on him and pressed him down on the floor.

"Stop messing with me." I growled.

"What are you doing, Eddie?" He asked looking up at me with wide eyes and I almost howled.

"You're doing it again." This time I didn't even know if it was a growl or a whimper but Lucifer reached up and tucked my hair away from my face. Bad move- or.. good move? Because my wolf took it as an invitation and kissed him. I was shocked at first but I couldn't resist the pull of my mate and apparently Lucian felt the same, because he kissed me back. Until there was a pounding on the front door that is. 
I regained control over my wolf and pulled back hastily, immediately scooting off of him. I lifted my fingers to my lips and stared at Lucifer with wide eyes. Did I really just-? Lucian started to say something but I jumped to my feet and rushed ot the door. 

"Eden? What are you doing here?" The Luna exclaimed in surprise when I opened the door. I bowed hastily before answering.

"We had a movie night, last night and then we got snowed in." The Alpha came up behind his wife and threw an arm around her shoulders, laughing.

"I'm glad the boys weren't alone then. You haven't been over in such a long time, Eden darling." He'd always been my favourite uncle. Not that I had many but he was my dad's brother and my mum's brother was well... he was a fairy and not one of the particularly nice ones. 

"We had fun, that's for sure." Kilyan popped up behind me and gave his parents a hug.

"Glad you had fun, the neighbouring packs had more news about the wolf killings." Alpha said and turned serious as Lucifer and Luke popped up behind us too. "There will be a pack meeting in two hours. Now go home and be ready. I need to speak with my son and his beta." 

-

Back at home my mum and dad were sitting in the kitchen with a glass of wine. I hung back a bit, leaning against the wall and just listened to them; they hadn't heard me enter. 

"Stella..." I heard my dad whisper. I felt kind of bad that I was eavesdropping but at the same time I had always loved to see them together and know that they were forever. I had dreamed of my mate and I to be like that, of course I hadn't known who my mate was back then and now that dream seemed so far away; their love was my only hope, my only hope that maybe- just maybe my Lucifer could be my light bringer. 

"Calum!" My mum suddenly screamed, laughing and I could hear them shuffling; my mother gasping for air. He was tickling her again; I smiled to myself, sighing and leaning my head back against the wall. 

"I love you." My mum whispered and I could feel a blush rise on my cheeks. 

"I know. And you're more than I could ever have wished for." I sighed again and discreetly left for my room; I'd invaded their privacy for long enough. I slid down my door when I entered my room and leaned my head back. I had another two hours to kill and too many thoughts running through my mind, starting and ending with my one problem and salvation: Lucifer. 

He's just confused...

Oh now you decide to talk to me? I snapped as my wolf talked to me for the first time since my birthday.

I just... 

I know, but you could've at least tried and what was that stunt you pulled when you- kissed him?

I had to; you don't understand. I need him. I immediately felt bad for her, well us. We did need him and I'm sure he wasn't any different but why was he being so complicated about- why am I even asking this? I knew exactly why.

I'm too stubborn and so is he. I'm so sorry. I let my head fall between my pulled up knees and sobbed. Why couldn't this be easier? Why couldn't Lukey and I just be mates, like he'd said? It would've been so much easier. But the world never did seem to want things to be easy for me, so I pulled myself together and read a book until mum came to pick me up for the pack meeting.