Rhian

[A/N] dedicated to @_Ohsen because I lterally just watched her work her way through the chapters... keke <3 thanks for reading, readerling! Love, Kxx

The heavy door fell shut behind us and I sighed in relief. it was short-lived though because Lucifer was growing weaker by the second.

"Bring him in here." I looked up when the voice addressed me. The woman in front of me was definitely a fairy; she had the golden hair and figure of a Consi fairy but her skin was white like the Aetheris fairies' and her eyes had their golden iris. I didn't hesitate to follow her orders though as she made me put him down on the bed that stood in the room and take his hoodie off. We took the blood soaked bindings off and the gash looked even worse than before. The fairy held her hand out, hovering over the ripped flesh and it stopped bleeding until there was only a slight dribbling left and hurried to an adjoining room from which she emerged a few seconds later with a bowl of steaming hot water, antiseptic wipes and what looked like a needle and thread. And she set to work. Makri took Gia to a different room but I stayed. I held Lucifer's hand when she cleaned the wound and I listened to his screams of pain when she set about sewing the wound shut. Lucifer had blacked out from the pain some time during the ordeal and I only noticed the hot tears coursing down my cheeks when the fairy was done and cleaned up the now sewed up wound and skin around it.

"This might not heal properly." the fairy said after we'd left the room to let him rest. "It is better if you go visit the Consi Hive. They have the best healers in the world." The fairy sent me a warm smile and led me into the kitchen. Makri and Gia were sitting there with a cup of hot tea and some hot broth. Upon our entering Gia ran into my arms and asked after Lucifer.

"He's asleep now, darling. He'll be okay." I smiled and led her back to the table where she sat back down. A hot bowl of soup and a steaming cup of tea appeared in front of me and I looked up to see a young boy with a cheeky face winking at me before he turned back to the fridge to get the fairy a drink and I started wolfing down the hot broth. His ears were pointy and his eyes overly large in his pretty face. His rainbow coloured hair was a tangled mess on his head and he dragged his slim fingers through it every once in a while as if self conscious. Then he started humming a tune. He was a pixie.

"Please do not mind Lee. He lives here with me and looks after the house." The fairy said and ruffled the boy's hair; he turned to stick his tongue out at her and she laughed out loud. I'm sure it was one of the most beautiful things anyone in the room had ever heard. It was soft and airy but with a warm strong undercurrent that it seemed to fill the room and settle like dust.

"You still have to tell who you are, my dears. I am Rhian." She smiled and I couldn't help but honk how rude we'd been.

"My name is Eden Greene." I started. "I am the wolfling."

"Ah yes, I have heard of you. although I had a different image in my mind. And who is this lovely lady?" She smiled at Gia, but the girl looked up at me first. Only at me encouraging nod did she answer.

"My name is Gia. I am of the Consi Hive."

"Oh? The way you were acting I would've thought you were her daughter." the fairy seemed genuinely surprised and I shrugged.

"We were taken by Sprites and found her there." I provided and the fairy seemed to be happy with the explanation for now because she turned to Makri.

"This is Makri. She is of the Meli Hive." I answered for Makri and the fairy frowned.

"Did the Sprites do that?" She questioned and Makri nodded.

"Do you know how to get rid of it?" I asked eagerly but the fairy shook her head.