Shut Up And Listen

When the bell rang, signalling the end of school, I was determined to talk to Kilyan. He had Rugby practice now but I could just watch and wait for him, claiming that my father had requested him to drive me home. Technically I had texted my dad saying that I had to stay longer and Luke was gonna take my car, so Kilyan had offered but who needs the details right? The only thing I had not included into this brilliant plan for mission Lukyan (which was how I had dubbed Kilyan and Luke as a couple) was my own mate. Lucifer was also on the Rugby team and as much as  hated to admit this, as I sat watching them, he was one hot wolf. His body was taut and alert from the intensity of the game even though it was only practice and beads of sweat were rolling down his skin. I sat there watching as if in trance, carefully observing his every move, listened to his commands, shouts and cheers and found myself falling. Falling for the devil. 

-

"Kilyan, my bestest cousin." I greeted him as soon as he left the guys' locker room. He looked at me as if surprised to see me and then looked left and right as if he was expecting someone else.

"Luke isn't here." I stated, I didn't need to actually read his mind to know he was looking for my best friend and I growled when his shoulders slumped in relief but he just shrugged and rolled his eyes at me.

"What do you need, dearest cousin?" He had always treated me right, not like the other wolves in the pack and for the first years of my life, he had been my only real friend, not even Alanna had shown any interest in my friendship when we were pups, but I didn't hold it against my friends. They had only heard what their parents had said about me and most of the older wolves in the camp thought me an abomination. 

"Well- dad sends his apologies and the request that you take me home.. Pretty please?" I fluttered my lashes at him and pulled my best puppy eyes and he caved, chuckling in that special Kilyan way and throwing an arm around my shoulders to pull me into his body.  I laughed out loud and hugged his waist, it had been a long time since I'd spent time with my cousin and I felt like today would be catch-up day. That is until we heard a growl from behind us.

"Get off of her." It was Lucifer. I stared at him with wide eyes as he glared at Kilyan who threw him a confused look before his features brightened in understanding and he let go of me in an instant. I frowned and looped my arm around Kilyan's.

"What do you want, puppy?" I spat and Kilyan looked down at me in surprise before turning to look at Lucian. And I used the opportunity to hack into their conversation.

What on earth dude? Why is she so pissed? 

Kilyan asked Lucifer through their mind link (Kilyan being the Alpha's son had chosen Lucian for his Beta which meant they were connected through a special link since the age of ten which is when Kilyan had chosen him.) To my surprise I couldn't hear Lucifer's response. As hard as I tried to get into his head and side of the conversation it wouldn't work. I'd have to ask my mother to confirm this but I'm guessing it's because he's my mate. And I had to admit being able to read minds in general was a big test of trust but with your mate, there should be no questioning or testing. Well as I said should. But with Lucifer here everything was a big question from the why to the how.  

"I'm gonna give her a ride home, dude. You coming?" Kilyan asked after they'd had their little mind link conversation that I'd tuned out of because a one-sided conversation was only half the fun, but Lucian shook his head.

"Can't mate. And you know it." He said which left my mind in an even more confused state as I saw Kilyan give him an understanding pat on the back before Lucifer disappeared behind a corner without even saying good-bye.