Gwaxyguen

part 1: their land

He never fit into any category, always deemed an outcast since he was in Sunday school and all of the "cool" kids said he was weird, even the rare friendships he made failed the test of time and deteriorated as fast as his mental health,

over time, he's gotten to a point where he's comfortable being alone, he enjoys being by himself, he feels safe, free and creative. One of the ways he entertains himself by is reading, so he got intrigued when he heard that the oldest running library is getting a full renovation of information, in other words, a full set of new books, he was excited to read through the different creative and innovative minds of writers, he went there around a week after it had reopened, an hour before it closed, to avoid meeting as many people as possible, it looked neat, he liked the energy the place was radiating; peace.

He was browsing through the shelves, and selecting stuff. Four hours later, he got up ready to go, just to find out the door was locked; the librarian closed the library and forgot about him.

"F*ck me" he mumbled after profusely fighting the door just to do nothing but make himself even more tired,

"Should've not been a nerd" he said chuckling sarcastically.

Alan figured, since he was stuck, why not explore? He saw no harm in it. He kept roaming around for hours until sleep took over, and he was sleeping on a chair, it was uncomfortable, but he had no other choice.

He woke up by dawn due to a piercing high pitched continuous sound, it was driving him crazy, he ran through the place trying to figure out where it came from. At the end of row ten, he observed a glow, after cautiously approaching to it, he realized whatever was glowing and producing the voice was underground. He took one of the hammers that were hung up for safety, the library had them so that if a fire ever happens you'd be able to break the glass surrounding the emergency button, he went back to the ground and hit it as hard as he could, the noise was penetrating his brain, he needed to stop it, after a few minutes of digging he saw something that looked like a book sticking out, he dug a bit around it to free it then took it out, it was a pitch black cover with "Xynar" written on it, the book looked clean, as if it was never buried underground, not a single stain or scratch got on it, the sun came up and the book stopped the humming and glowing, Alan gasped in disbelief and curiosity, he examined the book, then opened it, the first welcoming page read;

"A book of a human and a jinn, words that hold more than meaning, they hold power, the ability to alter reality, to summon anything out of nothing, and to torment, break then reconstruct anyone who dares to go up against them, Xynar is the ultimate human challenger, flip to the second page, you challenged Xynar"

"W-What?" Alan whispered in confusion, he took a few second to process what was happening. "How can a book.. what is this?" His questions were quickly accumulating he didn't even have the time to voice any.

Curious, he flipped to the second page, it was fully white, before he could take it in, the book started to shake in between his hands then a light beam came out of it and shined at Alan's face, then it started pulling him towards the book, Xynar's persistence overpowered Alan's resistance and he got fully devoured inside of it, then the book closed.

Next day, when the library opened, the ground was back to normal, the hammer was in its place intact, Xynar wasn't there, and neither was Alan, the place was intact. The library kept working, there was no sign of yesterday's accident, so nothing must've happened, and security cameras weren't fully established yet because the library was still in renovation

Alan suddenly found himself sitting on soil, surrounded by trees, with Xynar floating in front of him, the book opened to the first page and words started getting written on it "welcome to Xynar's reality, where Xynar takes you inside of it, and lets you experience an alternate existence, your goal is to get out of it, if you die in here, you'll never see reality again, every meaningful life event you'll be experiencing will be written on the blank pages of this book until the very last page. Xynar will intervene whenever it wants to, granting a blessing or a curse. When the pages come to an end, that means you have experienced enough, then, and just then, would your journey be over, and remember, there's a purpose behind everything that occurs."

then the book closed and dropped to the ground

He didn't know how to feel, too many events occurred in too little time for him to be able to process everything. He stayed on the ground, he held his knees to his chest and kept rocking back and forth for a few seconds to calm himself down from an inevitable panic attack.

After a while of meaningless contemplation, he accepted his fate, grabbed the book, and opened to the second page, it read "Alan found himself in a forest of the giant islands of Gwaxyguen, he stayed in the same place frozen for a while, then he decided to start moving"

He wanted to count how many pages the book had but whenever he tried to flip to a page he wasn't able to, it's like the book locked them. He put it under his arm and started looking at the forest, for the most part it was quite normal, except for some totally magenta trees that were spread throughout the regular brown and green ones. He started thinking about nighttime, he didn't know if regular science implied or not, but he figured it would be better to try making a fire than just sitting there, and try making a shelter along the way.

He gathered sticks, and while doing so he had time to think about this whole situation, it was a lot to take in but he couldn't afford to sit there confused awaiting doom. He started rubbing sticks, his hands ached, and all he got was smoke, the two suns have started to set, and the three moons slowly revealed themselves, the place got darker and the air became heavy, still no fire.

But Alan noticed something weird, the magenta trees were glowing, and emitting small golden particles in the air, and although there were three moons, the water on the beach didn't move one bit, so he settled on the sand since it was better to sleep on than the harsh soil. He meditated a bit while looking at the glowing trees to calm himself down, and thought about what he'll be doing tomorrow, since he was getting thirsty and hungry.

Things were starting to look, beautiful, the breeze was refreshing, the glow was stunning, and the calm was something to die for, he doesn't get days like this in the city.

In the middle of the calm night, Alan woke up to his feet being wet, the tide started changing, but it was in such an unnatural way, it was too aggressive.

"Is it because of the three moons?" His question was quickly answered, creatures started coming out of the water in rows, two types of creatures organized like a chess board, the first creature...