them (1): the beam shooter

There were a few unlit torches on the walls, cosmic striders lit them up by bumping two rocks into each other repeatedly, then they started diving down until they reached a really, really big place, that had land where they were standing, a big empty void, then some more land at its end.

"We built the cave like this so that even If they find it out, they would not be able to retrieve their items, in hopes of us understanding them one day" Joul explained, then took him and flew across that empty void that seemed endlessly deep, until they reached a bunch of wooden boxes that had the machinery inside. They opened the boxes, and the first thing they did is grab one sample out of every kind. After organising them, the total number was seven.

The first one was a gun. Alan had no idea how guns work; he knew what they were but had no idea about the mechanism.

The second one was also a gun, but with two firing places that made a V shape, he got told they used that to shoot both their wings simultaneously

The third one was a crossbow, "finally something that we can replicate," Alan thought to himself.

The fourth was a grappling hook.

The fifth was a big spring that attaches to the legs; they used to use it to travel big distances while jumping in short amounts of time. It reminded Alan of kangaroo legs.

The sixth were gloves that had sharp claws sticking out, a lot like wolverine.

The seventh was something he's never seen before; it had the shape of a gun, but with a big wheel on top and at the tip was a big pin.

"What do they use this for?

-The trigger launches that pin, which attaches to something, then it starts retracting, they use it to get things. Try it."

Alan aimed at a small box and fired it. The big pin stuck to the box, then a string started wrapping around the wheel and bringing the pin along with the box back.

"So, I know what all of them are, however, I can sadly replicate only three of them, the wolverine gloves, the kangaroo legs and the crossbow. I am educated enough to understand how guns work, but not enough to know how to make one on my own, sorry.

-We don't want to replicate them.

-what? Then what do you all want?

-we want to know their weak points, a small type of damage we can do to them that would be detrimental.

-oh, well then, I know all about it.

For these four ones that use the same firing mechanism, you can either destroy the trigger or empty the bullets, but beware of the second, because even if you empty the bullets, the gun may still be able to fire one last shot.

For the grappling hook and retriever, you can cut the cord as well.

Xynar's realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें