Jinns

"What is this curse?" Elder Quintria blurted out with a tone that had a mixture of anger and surprise.

Alan took the book, it did nothing to him, he just whispered "what?" in utter confusion.

"Why did it do that?

-you're asking me? You own the book

-honestly the book is the one that owns me...maybe it doesn't approve of you opening it, or maybe it's not you specifically, everyone but me"

The Elder took a breath and started hovering her hand over the book

"By the power of Yin and Yang

Would I be able to expose all the bells Xynar rang

Who made it? How and when?

Does it curse or does it Zen?"

Light came out of her hands, projected onto Xynar and reflected to the ceiling, where a picture started appearing..it wasn't picture, it wasn't still, a movie? The two started starting at what story it was about to narrate:

The Aaeena village was a village in the real world, that existed centuries ago. It was named after the lake it was built around. Alan and Quintria were able to conclude this after the animated pictures showed a sign saying "the aaeena village" next to its entrance and another saying "the aaeena lake" next to the lake, then it showed an elderly gentleman talking to his people, he said "our ancestors often wrote about what curses the lake holds within it, the aaeena lake is not a regular one, it is the barrier that separates us from the world of the unseen, unheard and unfelt, the jinns. As a blood moon is happening today, it has always been known that during a blood moon, the barrier becomes at its weakest, and one wrong human intervention can lead to ungodly disturbances and horrors. Do not, and I repeat, do not go near the lake tonight, you don't want to test them" then it zoomed on a pregnant woman, she was smirking. Later that night when the moon was the brightest and everyone was asleep, she came out of her house and slowly headed towards the lake, while on the way she whispered "idiots, fools, all of them. "There's creatures we can't see, hear or feel" as if I'm supposed to believe that, I'll show them what imbeciles they are" the woman kept heading toward the lake until she reached it, she first touched the water, then she swam in it. She started enjoying the water while lying on her back, she closed her eyes, after a while she opened them, and the moon locked them in, she started silently and profusely crying, the watery tears turned into bloody tears, then black hands came out of the water and sunk her in.

The next day farmers found her unconscious on the grass, she was thankfully alive, people asked her what happened but she never answered. She became silent, and every night since then, she would get psychotic episodes. After a few months, a very long black tongue came out of her mouth and her eyes turned all black, she pointed her hands on the floor and from it appeared mysterious creatures that Alan and couldn't make up because of the poor lighting. After a week of that happening she finally gave birth to her son, shoony.

Black and evil, along with insanity were already running through shoony's blood before he was even born. He grew up to have a strong relationship with the other creatures, and grew more distant from humans, until the day jinns decided to help him make the book, his life being the price.