coerce notoriety

Pha barged into the castle breathing heavily. King Glen headed toward him with worry

"son is everything okay?

-father...I..some rebellions launched a rockshifting attack at me, and..this man here, he helped me, he stopped them"

It was Alan he pointed to, Pha made up a story that will get his father to accept Alan in the castle, and what better story than one that involves saving a member of the royal family.

"How dare they! General, throw a nocturnal search party, find the rebellions!

-dad it was too dark to see, they blended in well, a search party will only waste resources, at least nothing happened to me

-son, if they escape now, they will do something bigger next time, so we got to deal with them and put a stop to their actions today before tomorrow. And you, who are you?

-he's the one who saved me, he comes from another island and he says he's here to observe and learn how we work in Touh, he wants to learn from us because we have good shifters, if it wasn't for him I could've lost my life tonight, and Geija abandoned me.

-I'm going to have a serious conversation with your sister. As to you, young man, thank you for saving my son

-you're welcome..your highness" responded Alan doubtfully.

"You are a shifter too, you say?

-yes, your majesty

-well, nice to meet you, follow me into the royal room"

The king was notorious for launching unpredictable attacks, but Pha studied his patterns long enough to be able to conclude a general prediction, the king turned around and flicked his finger, one of his guards shifted a boulder at Alan from behind, Alan had enough spiritual connection to sense what's behind him, but not enough to stop the boulder. While the boulder was in the air, Pha spoke to Hayet "Hayet, now!

-the spirit of the schism will offer Alan the fire veins, may the element of fire enhance your stamina and protect you from any bane"

Alan was able to freeze the rock right before it hit his head, then he crushed it and dropped it to the ground.

"You really are a shifter, a vigilant one too, good to know" the king said.

"Thank you Hayet" Pha sighed in relief

Alan looked back at Pha in disbelief, he was smiling, he thought he did it himself, and that his shifting started coming back. Pha smiled back. They all headed to the royal room where the throne lied. It was a bloody red colour, with beautiful swirls extending out of it.

"This throne is dyed with the blood of the biggest betrayals to this monarchy" those words coming out Glen's mouth shocked Alan, does the king not mind sitting on a throne made of blood of the people of his own kind? Alan knew better not to make any unwanted reactions, so he displayed fake interest. After some talking with the king, the guards showed him his room. It had a good view, it was high enough that it looked at all of the sections of the place and even some of the water. Someone knocked the door, after getting permission from Alan, a girl suddenly barged in

"Hi! My name is Geija, Princess Geija.

-honoured to meet you, princess. Alan.

-the honour is all mine. This is the first time I witness an outsider visit Touh. I have so many questions. What's your magic? Who are your people? What's your Island's curse? Why are you here? Did you get banished? Are you going to stay forever? Are you liking Touh so far?

-all of it, humans, greed, knowledge, no, no, and no.

-I have more questions, I also want you to elaborate on your previous answers, I..

-Geija, leave the guy alone for Qyn's sake, he's tired" screamed Pha.

"Fine, we'll talk another time, sorry for the overwhelming questions Alan

-no worries, you seem really energetic and curious, I like it, but we'll have a deep conversation another day.

-we sure will! Goodnight" replied Geija, and once she left his room, her little innocent girl smile turned into a grin

"Geija, I know what you're trying to do, and let me tell you, you won't be able to fool this one. He can see right through your fake excitement.

-we'll see about that, brother. Sleep tight, and as always, with one eye open, and the other one flickering".

In the middle of the night, when everyone was sound asleep, Pha snuck out of his room, he went to a random tree, the tree's trunk opened and devoured him inside, the trunk was hollow on the inside, it dropped him to a secret cave, where there were a lot of papyrus paper scrolls and a few unlit candles, Pha generated fire from the tips of his fingers and lit the candles, then went into a really deep meditation, until right before the world started waking up again.

...

"Good morning Alan, did you sleep well?

-yes Pha, thank you so much for all of this, my time in Nyangotrama wasn't the easiest, I spent half of it hiding, at least here I'm not threatened" Alan replied

"Although he tries, I can still smell the lies" Hayet told Pha telepathically

"Is he lying about what he said?"

-No, only the comfortable sleeping part, his sleeping yesterday was extremely hard.

-oh, I thought he was saying empty lies to seek empathy, you scared me"

"Pha? Pha? Pha?" Alan repeated as he waved his hand

Pha stopped talking to Hayet and snapped back to reality "oh sorry, sometimes I randomly zone out

-excuse the misdemeanor of my little brother, he's still learning the royal Osor mannerisms" said Geija as she was coming down the stairs.

"It's okay, it happens to all of us. Plus, learning is a process, can't be too hard on him.

-sure, tell that to dad. Now come on you two, you're going to be late for breakfast.

-breakfast"? Alan asked is excitement. He hasn't heard that word since he got sucked into this world, he's been living off of randomly placed meals that consisted of random fruits and vegetables, since he came here he's been vegetarian, it wasn't a choice it was an imposition.

When he went to the dining hall, everything he used to eat and dream of eating was in front of him; bacon, pastries, pancakes, fruits, some strange and new some familiar, eggs, etc. Alan was in disbelief, this table made him happier than when he unlocks a new magic trick. He teared up a bit from the sight of the feast. He tried to eat calmly so he'd blend it with the royal mannerisms, but he couldn't keep it up for long, the king did not mind, he chuckled and said "you have an appetite don't you! Looks like you haven't been fed properly for a while.

-at all" Alan managed to mumble with a full mouth

"I feel..like my soul has been fed. Thank you so much, your highness, I can't express how grateful I am for what you've done to me.

-no worries. You saved my only son, the heir to the throne, you deserve it. Speaking of, we found three rebellions this morning, and we're executing them tonight in the town center, so that whoever thinks of retaliating next time would think twice".

Geija smirked and finished eating, whereas Alan and Pha stopped..