Mark your presence

After an hour or so, while they were walking on the beach, he heard a high pitched scream, it almost reminded him of the one Xynar made at the library the very first time, when he looked at the trees he saw a cosmic strider with her wings open screaming, all of the rest of the striders, cosmic and earthly, swiftly rushed toward the tree she was at, he didn't know what was going on but he had a premonition it was bad.

When the earthly striders reached the trees, they all looked up, Alan got up using his terraforming. He recognised the house as the one of the really old strider Pi, which they call a cosmic woman, he doesn't know what that means yet.

When he entered, he found all of the striders looking at her. There was barely any space, and thankfully he arrived before the rest of the striders.

He did not want to speak up not to stand out, it was really quiet and he wanted to keep it that way

Pi, had died.

Striders started to cry, whining sounds had filled the house, echoing through the forest. As it started to getting more crammed, Alan got out, he believed the striders that were still out had more of a right to see her, after all, they lived with her their whole lives, he stayed on one of the bridges linking the trees and houses together, the crying noises kept amplifying, and it gave him time to think about death.

What is it? Why is it so natural, expected, and yet remains so ugly? What happens to someone after they die? Do they meet God? Do they get reincarnated? Do they stay as spirits roaming around the earth? Or do they just, die? A lot of beliefs clashed on earth, the thing he liked the most about Gwaxyguen is that there were no dozen beliefs, there's always one, and if there isn't any explanation to something, nobody proposes a hypothesis they have no way of proving. They just leave the mystery untouched until they find a clear, right solution for it. Is that good though? Sometimes wrong theories lead to the right ones, as chemistry has shown before on earth, but once again, it's Gwaxyguen, they don't really care that much about what a water molecule is made out of.

Tyl came out, she appeared shattered, filled with misery, sorrow and grief.

"I can mold the grave instantly, no need for any labour, if you want.

-sure.. thank you"

Then it all went quiet until Alan spoke up again

"It seems like there is something you want to get off your chest, I can sense that heavyweight pressing on your heart, if you do not get rid of it, it will crush you"

Tyl choked on her tears, then she just flew away.

She went to the border of the islands, she wasn't ready to confront the world, to accept this misery, she cried her eyes out on the ledge. She should be used to separation, she got separated from her mom, dad, old friends, brother, but yet the latest death still hurts just as much as the first one. She never got over any of them, she might be smiling, but Tyl has never, ever forgotten about anyone that she lost, she thinks about them daily, how they've been, what they're doing, all of it. And now it is time for Pi to get her own space in Tyl's head, gone but not forgotten, a memory that will linger around for a lifetime.