025

"So you really think he'll make a good enough proxy?"

Hoodie kicks at the ground with his heel. Masky and Toby are waiting for you and Jack to return as well.

"I mean I guess so, he's pretty skilled with a gun. And it seems like he and Jane are getting along."

"Of course, she's got the hots for him, duh."

Masky flicks his cigarette and the wind carries the ashes away. You and Jack approach the porch.

"Hey guys."

You walk up the porch and the four men follow you into the mansion. You go upstairs to your room to change and Jack goes to place the jars from his duffle into the fridge.

You come back downstairs to search for Jane since she isn't in her room. You wanted to catch up with her since you hadn't texted her in a while. 

"Hey, have you guys seen Jane?"

"No, she went out a while ago with Jeff."

"Wait seriously?"

Ain't no way those two aren't fuck buddies or something. 

Ben nods his head and goes back to gaming. You send Jane a text and wander into the kitchen. Jack is sitting at the table eating, while Simon and Masky are talking about an upcoming mission.

"Hey Simon."

"Hey Y/N, how was your trip?"

"It was good, sorry about not replying to your text we got a bit busy."

Hoodie comes into the kitchen and snickers.

"Yeah busy fucking like rabbits."

Masky groans and Hoodie goes to rummage through the fridge.

"Hey, what are you doing? I'm making dinner tonight so don't eat just yet."

"You can cook?" Simon asks.

"Yeah, I actually used to work at a bakery before coming here. So really I did more baking than cooking,  but it's not that hard."

"Shit no way, how come you never told us that!?"

Hoodie closes the fridge and sits next to Jack. He crosses his arms over his chest waiting for your reply.

"It never came up, I don't really see the point in discussing my past life. No one else here talks about theirs."

"Well did you have any family or friends before coming here? I'm sure you must miss them?"

You look at Simon and frown.

"Well, I don't have any family, I've been on my own since I left the foster system. I was just living on my own for a while and working at a bakery. I did have one friend, we ended up dating, and it didn't end well."

Simon places his hand over yours in a reassuring and comforting manner.

"I'm sorry to hear that, it must have been really hard without any family or friends on top of being kidnapped."

Jack clenches his fist and glares at Simon. Simon takes his hand off yours and offers an apologetic look.

"It's no big deal really and that's not the worst part believe it or not. I'm actually in a much better place, and I'm safe from my ex here. I like it here, I have an actual home and friends."

"So you're saying the breakup was worse than the kidnapping?"

"Yeah I mean it's his fault I'm like this, he's a terrible person."

"So why did you think it was a good idea to stay here after being kidnapped and then jump into a relationship so soon?"

Hoodie mumbles "Oh shit" and Masky places his coffee cup down and leaves the kitchen. This wasn't a fight they needed to be involved in and they don't want to be around Jack when he gets angry.

"What the fuck does that have to do with anything." Jack snaps.

You place your hand on Jack's bicep as a way to calm him. But he's livid toward Simon regardless of your attempt to calm him.

"I was just asking a question, no need to get angry about it."

"I will get angry about it because it's none of your fucking business."

"Look man, why don't you let her speak for herself?"

Jack stands up and grabs Simon by the collar of his shirt. Simon pushes Jack back and stands up.

"Guys chill out, please! Seriously it's really none of your business Simon."

Jack ignores what you said and punches Simon.

"Don't you fucking touch her, speak to her, or even look at her again. Don't even fucking breathe near her. And where the hell do you get off asking her shit like that!"

Simon wipes the blood from his mouth and glares at Jack.

"What doesn't make sense to me is why she'd be with a freak like you. I'll do whatever the fuck I want, you don't own her. She's not yours."

Jack is seething and you pull him back.

"Jack, let's just go upstairs, leave him alone."

"Why are you defending him!? You should be pissed."

"I am pissed, but you didn't need to punch him!"

Jack jerks away from you and storms upstairs.

"I love Jack, that is why I am with him. I didn't jump into a relationship right away, I was here for a while before I got with Jack. I fell in love with him because he makes me feel safe and treats me right. If you knew the kind of person my ex was and what he did to me, you'd stay in a place like this too."

Simon smirks and lunges toward you knowing that this was his chance now that Jack wasn't by your side to protect you.

"So you really thought staying here and hiding from Silas was a good idea? You are far from safe here Y/N."