Chapter 24

"Lia where'd you go?" Elliot jumped up from the kitchen counter as soon as I appeared. 

"To get my book back," I growled. His eyes glanced to my glowing hands. 

He slowly approached, "Hun, let's put the book down and unpack what you're feeling for a sec." Elliot gently grabbed the book and slid it out of my grasp and backed away. "You're angry. You're upset. Got it. Maybe a little betrayed? Confused?" 

I began to pace the floor, "He read it, Elliot!" 

"He's your mate, love. He kinda needed to know anyways. Of course, he went about it the wrong way, but I don't think either of you are right in this situation." I glared at him, snarling. "Alright, you know what? I feel like you definitely did some damage over at Eliza's and I'm going to go clean up any mess you may have made. Knowing you it's something flashy." He placed my book on the counter and walked away, grabbing his coat and keys by the door on the way out. 

I screamed in frustration and went to my bedroom. I could feel my temperature rising. I ran straight into the shower and turned on the cold water, jumping in clothes and all. As soon as the water touched my skin, steam rose off like fog on a muggy day. I think I was feeling at least some of the things Elliot mentioned; anger, confusion... betrayal? Did Casper take me out as a distraction or did Ben just use it to his advantage? I stayed sitting on the floor of my shower for a few more moments, feeling myself cool down. Turning the water off, I slid out of all of my soaked clothes and scattered to my closet to put on big comfy t-shirt and fluffy socks. 

On my way to the kitchen, I grabbed a pen. I needed to fill out a page with a new tested ability. I had never done that big of a lightening strike before and it needed to be recorded. It had to have been fueled by emotions, it was wild and only slightly controlled. If I maybe learned to control it more, it might be able to become a really powerful and reliable move. Maybe I could control more than one strike at once or have the same strike cover more than one target point? I wrote all this down, trying to focus on the new possibilities rather than the stress of my secrets being outed. 

Violent, loud, knocks on my front door caused me to drop my pen in surprise. I slowly slid out of my chair and stalked towards the door, pulling at the hem of my oversized shirt. As my hand twisted the door knob, the door was forced open, nearly ripping the wood from its hinges. I didn't get a chance to look before the door slammed shut and I was shoved up against the wall. My eyes squeezed shut in pain. The air was pushed out of my lungs, making me cough and wheeze to regain my breath. Hands slapped against the wall above my head, making me flinch, the owner's body pressing against mine. I could feel their breath near my ear as I continued to pant.

"I believe you took something of mine, princess," Benjamin sneered. I kept my eyes closed and said nothing. "You stole from me and destroyed my property." A hand slid down the wall, brushing past my face, making sure to outline every curve of my upper torso until it squeezed at my waist and travelled lower. I felt the hem of my shirt being pulled upwards.

"I took what was already mine, something you took from me!" I finally opened my eyes and tried to shove him away, which only made him grip me tighter.

He growled, ducking his head down into the crook of my neck and taking a deep breath in. "I thought you were a good girl, Ophelia. Good girls don't steal."

Using more strength, I shoved him away. His warmth disappearing, making me shiver from the cold. "Go home, Ben." I started walking back towards the kitchen island; eyeing the book that was laid out for all to see.

Faster than light, his hand was around my wrist and I was spun around, so that he was in my way of the counter, and pulled forward. He smirked down at me as I crashed into his chest and stumbled back. Letting out a dark chuckle, his hand gently but firmly grabbed my chin forcing me to get lost in his eyes. He's toying with me. It's what he does. Like a stray cat stalking an injured, flightless, cornered bird. He stepped forward but I refused to step back. He raised an eyebrow, almost amused that I wasn't playing his game. He lifted his right pointer finger and shoved at my shoulder, forcing me to step back each time he stepped forward. "I won't go home. I won't go home until you pay for your wrongdoings." My back was once again against the wall with Benjamin trapping me in. His hand reached up to twirl a strand of my white hair before he looked dead into my eyes and said, "You will be punished."

His mouth was suddenly attacking my neck. My breath hitched as his tongue and lips teased at my neck. A strong, warm hand held me in place by my waist as the other hand slid up the base of the back of my head. "Ben-"I whimpered before his fingers entangled with my hair, yanking back and giving himself full access to my neck. 

He growled lowly, pressing himself against me, his lips moving against my collarbone. "What, Ophelia. What do you want?" I just panted, my eyes closed. "Ophelia," he moaned against my skin. His hand released my hip, traveling down my side until they reached the bottom of my shirt. My hands now rested on his shoulders, accidentally digging my nails in as he worked at my skin. My shirt rose up, "Ophelia, tell me what you want!"

His hips pressed against mine as he hoisted me up and wrapped my legs around his torso. A strangled moan escaped my lips. I could feel his canines scraping against my bottom lip lightly and his left hand slowly slide upwards. I couldn't say it. I wouldn't give in. I wanted him, but that's what he wanted to hear. His left hand made its way up my back and back down. He leaned into me, my heart pounding and my head spinning. "S-stop," I whimpered at his touch.

He did. "Do you really want me to?"

I hesitated, "...No."

His chest rumbled with a pleased growl, "Then tell me what you want." His fingers pressed harder into my flesh, sending sparks up my spine. 

I growled, my nails dug deeper into his skin, my back arched, my breath hitched. "You," I moaned. "Please!"

And the world came crashing down around me. He pushed himself away from me, having me nearly fall to the floor. He had a smirk plastered on his face but had disappointment in his eyes. " Now I'll go home."