Chapter 8

Despite police protests, classes started back up two days after our professor's death. I sat down in my usual seat, waiting for the new teacher for psych. Then in walks Elizabeth. Her bright smile started gossip throughout the room, especially when she walked up to little old me. "Hey, cutie! Long time, no see!"

"Y-you're here?" I stuttered, standing up to greet her. Her arms wrapped around me, squeezing like a boa-constrictor.

She released me from her hold and rolled her eyes. "Duh, we told you that we enrolled! We're in this together now, Ollie!"

"Ollie?" My face scrunched up as she sat down. I shook off the nickname and sat down next to her. "Is B-...Casper enrolled too?" She looked over at me, squinting her eyes.

She observed me, slowly pursing her lips. "Yeah, he's attempting a physical therapy major. He's joining the year-round football and lacrosse teams later today. Benji is majoring in the arts though! He's very talented. He can paint, sing, act, you should hear the songs he writes!"

My heart fluttered but I kept a straight face as she bragged about her brother. She turned away with a small knowing smirk before a man in his early thirties walked in. He placed a work bag on the desk and turned before anyone could see his face. He reached for the chalk and wrote Francis Calypso. My eyes widened, I gasped.

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Francis Calypso, please call me Mr. Calypso unless I say otherwise, simply for respect. I am your new psych professor, unfortunately on poor circumstances, but nevertheless I'm happy to be here." His eyes scanned the crowd of students, making contact with me. He smirked at my dropped jaw. Now... let's get started!"

"Hey, I'll meet you outside in a second, okay?" I said to Elizabeth, walking backwards towards my uncle. She nodded, confused. I turned around and stomped up, "What do you think your doing here?!"

"Uh... working?" Uncle Frankie chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "What are you really doing here? You don't even have a degree in psychology! How'd you get the job?"

He waved his hands, wiggling his fingers in the air. "I'm a great magician." He smirked, "Besides, Tori told me that you'd need my help with something. How about we go for dinner, bring Elliot, I miss that kid! I know this pizzeria nearby, run by witches. You can eat outside like it's a sunny summer day, it's great!"

"I was supposed to go out with that girl-"

"The vampire named Elizabeth? Invite her too." He smiled.

My eyes narrowed, "How'd you know that she was a vampire?"

"I've met her before. In high school, I went to a party. She was there, dancing away on a table. Of course, her brother and his right-hand man always followed. Wherever one was, the other two weren't far behind." He grit his teeth as his aura changed from amused to angry. I couldn't help but read his mind to get to the bottom of his anger. In his mind, he angrily thought about one of the blonde males; whether it was Benjamin or Casper, I couldn't tell. Uncle Frankie knew to keep his mind's walls up around me. But of course, that didn't mean I couldn't break little holes through.

I nodded. "Alright, I'll ask her." With a smile, he nodded and turned back to his desk. "I'll see you later!"

I left, meeting the black haired beauty outside the door. "What was that about?" She bounced curiously as we headed to our next classes.

"That was my uncle, and you're invited to dinner." She shrieked in excitement and agreed. "Elliot's also going to be there."

She smirked, "He's funny. He gets so uncomfortable around me, it's very amusing."

Elliot? Uncomfortable? In the same sentence? Impossible! "I find it hard to believe that Elliot was uncomfortable around you. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to get with you yet!"

She simply laughed, "Well then that just makes me want to bother him more!"

"So, let's discuss this Rabid problem, shall we?" Uncle Frankie said, crossing his arms at the table.

Elliot, usually the first to speak up, had his mouth full of pizza. I cleared my throat and wiped my mouth with a napkin before speaking. "As you know, I created a barrier around the borders of the town to keep the negative supernatural creatures out. But for some reason, the Rabids are still getting in! If anything with that sort of energy even some how managed to get it, I'd know!"

"Your spells can't be flawless every time, O. Maybe you just messed up this time?" Elliot sassily suggested.

Uncle Frankie and I just looked at him as if he were an idiot. "That's impossible, dear Elliot. Nice try though." Uncle Frankie sassed back. He glanced at a confused Elizabeth and sighed. "Did you perhaps think that they didn't have to get past the border?"

Elizabeth's ears perked up, her eyes snapping to my Uncle's. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not saying they are, this is just hypothetical. But what if, just what if, the vampires turning into Rabids are already here?" He gave Elizabeth a sympathetic look.

Her eyes widened, her posture stiffened. "You think that the Rabids are coming from us?" She asked in disbelief.

He shook his head no, "Not from you. Members of your clan are being effected. Hell, they might not even know that they're being effected. But your clan is the only group of vampires in this area."

She thought about it for a moment, her cheerful and hopeful aura dropped. She stood up, excusing herself, and she left.