Chapter 10

The walls were painted a deep red, the color of aged wine. I slowly walked into the room, admiring the paintings leaning against the frame of a humongous bed. The balcony on the far side of the room overlooked the woods, gazing straight into the city. "You know, it's not polite to walk into people's rooms uninvited." I jumped and spun around, falling chest to chest with Benjamin.

"Sorry, I was- You know what? I'm not sorry! You can't just-" Benjamin stepped forward in the middle of my rant, wrapping one arm around my waist and placing the other hand on the back of my head, pulling me forward and into a kiss.

My body jolted upwards out of my bed, my hand immediately reaching up to my lips. "No no no no no no no." I leaped out from under the covers and ran to the bathroom. Turning the cold water on, I threw my hands into the sink and splashed my face. Whether it was a dream or a prediction, I didn't want to accept it.

"Nightmare?" A voice said from behind me.

I screamed and spun around, meeting the blank eyes of Benjamin standing in my bathroom doorway. "Wh-how-Why are you in my house?"

His eyes narrowed, "I want you to figure out why members of my clan are being turned into... uh..."

"Rabids." I deadpanned.

"Rabids. Right." He gave me a once over before turning to leave. "I want you to stop it from happening." He walked right out the front door.

He can't just tell me what to do and walk out! I slipped on some moccasins and a jacket and ran after him. "Hey!" I called for him but he just kept walking. Rather than the elevator, he took the stairs down to the first floor. I transported myself to the lobby and waited for him there. When he saw that I was there before him, his eyes widened and he stopped before blinking the shock away and began to walk again. He made his way out the front door, into the cold and snow. His hands were stuffed into his coat pockets, the snow crunching under his boots with each step. "Ben!"

He froze, his back rigid. Before I knew it, we were in the alley way next to my apartment building. My back was pressed against the cold cement wall, Benjamin's head hovered over mine while his hands were pressed against the wall behind me, caging me in. He smirked as his voice came out in a hoarse growl,  "I'm starting to think you want me around, princess." His tone was menacing, like he was talking to prey rather than a person.

My eyes narrowed up at him, "No, I want answers. First of all, how did you get in my house?" He shrugged. "Why were you in my house?" He shrugged. "How did you know where I lived?" His eyebrow raised as he shrugged. Not once did he lose his stupid smirk, it stayed plastered on his face like he enjoyed making me suffer. I growled in frustration, "You're so annoying, you know that?!"

Benjamin chuckled darkly and pushed off the wall, giving me room to step out. "And you are very uptight! Not one bone in that cute little body of yours has fun in it!" He began to circle around me like a shark. "You may be the one in a psychology class, but I can figure you out in under a minute."

"Oh really?" I spat. "You don't know me!"

A chill ran up my spine. Did the alley get darker or is it just me? "But I do. You, my little mutt, must be the smallest werewolf I've ever seen. Probably an omega." I glanced around, searching for the face to glare at. He was lurking in the shadows, trying to get in my head and under my skin. "You're a good girl. No doubt an honors student." I could feel him getting closer. "You've probably never had a boyfriend, probably never been kissed either. Which obviously means..."

"Stop!" I snarled, power radiating off my voice. My face was red in embarrassment and frustration. "You know nothing about me. Nothing at all. I am most certainly not an omega, my father was the alpha. Now my brother stands in his place. I get good grades simply because I like to make an effort. I want the real experience of human life. And what I do with my love life is none of your concern-"

"Isn't it though?" He scoffed. I could feel him behind me, but if I turned around to face him, we'd be too close together for my liking. "I am your mate after all."

"Yeah, doesn't seem like it." I rolled my eyes and tried to step out of the alley. Benjamin cut me off and blocked the exit. "Can you actually not do this?"

His eyes grew darker, he stepped forward but I refused to step back. I maintained the eye contact, showing that I did not feel threatened, as his face just got closer and closer to mine. "You know what, I've just made this decision. You do what you want, princess. But every time you think your feelings for Casper have gotten stronger, I will show up." With a smirk, he backed away. Turning around, he walked out the alley, leaving me behind with his final words. "He can't have you, love. You're mine."