Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning wth a head ache. I wasn't one to get drunk easily so Casper either lied to me and drugged my drink or-

"I had to use magic to put you to sleep." Elliot stated, standing in the doorway of my bedroom. "Casper went to get you another drink so you stayed on the couch next to me. But then you locked eyes with some guy and neither of you looked away. You started to burn holes through the couch." I already knew who he was talking about. My nameless mate. "I had to put the fire out and drag you out of there and knock you out. Trust me, it wasn't easy. You were fighting it. But Ophelia..."

"I know, I know!" I groaned. "I can't use magic out of my apartment, the warehouse, or our clearing. I know."

El sighed and shook his head like a disappointed parent. "It's for your own safety, Ophelia. You have never screwed up, don't do it now." And with that, he walked away. I laid there, thinking. I felt as if a part of me has awaken. My feelings were swirling out of control yet it didn't show. I did not cry, because I had to be sting. I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me at a time like this, especially when I had eternity to do it. See, I wasn't just a werewolf and I wasn't just a witch. I was a demigod, as brother called it; but basically, I was immortal. It was the "perk" or being Selene's descendant, I guess.

"Doll, if you're feeling up to it, there's someone here to see you," Elliot called from the living room on my apartment.

I groaned and slid off the bed, trudging out and making eye contact with my guest. "Wow, even with no makeup and major bed-head, you look flawless!" Casper gasped. "Like a goddess..."

Elliot and I looked at each other and laughed. "So what brings you here?" I asked.

"Well you see, there's another party going on in three days. I was wondering if you wanted to come? I had a great time with you and you pose no threat. Being allies with a hot wolf is something to brag about." Casper blushed, sweeping his blonde shaggy hair out of his face.

Elliot's jaw dropped, and glared at me. "She's totally going!"

"You can come too, Elliot." Casper smiled at him.

"No thank you, I actually have plans unlike Ophelia." He ruffled my hair and headed for the door. "Lia, we'll talk later. Ciao."

As the door slammed shut, Casper scratched the back of his head awkwardly and chuckled. "He really is a character, isn't he?"