Chapter 1

My best friend and I sat on the couch of my apartment, huddled together under a warm blanket, eating pizza and watching the Harry Potter series. "Elliot, I wanna go to Hogwarts," I slightly whined to him.

He huffed, "Don't we all." I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "Have you practiced lately? You now your uncle would kill me if you don't keep up with your work."

"El, I'm at the level of an 100 year old master witch. I've officially accomplished things that shouldn't be accomplished, and I've created things that are far too advanced for someone my age or any age for that matter. I can afford to take a day off!" I snuggled into him. He cleared his throat and I automatically knew that he had to go. I got up and pouted.

Elliot noticed and frowned, "Sorry, honey. The Dorm Advisor has been cracking down on the curfew ever since that mauling last week." We both shivered at the thought.

Last week, a body was found mauled near the border of our school. The first thought was rogues. In a school of humans, Elliot and I were the only ones who could potentially do something about it. So we checked the borders, even hiked through the surrounding woods. There was nothing. No scent, no prints, nothing. A human couldn't tear into a body like the way it was, but an animal wouldn't have that much strength either.

"I told you that you could move in with me!" I scolded.

He laughed. "No thanks, I tend to... get loud with my guests." I rolled my eyes. "I really have to go though. Stay safe and practice won't ya?" I nodded as he kissed my forehead and left the cold apartment.
With a wave of my hand, the thermostat spun and turned up the heat. I turned off the tv and sighed.

Getting off the couch, I walked over to my balcony that over looked the university and the town surrounding it. The neon lights of the night club in town blinked as the little amount of traffic glided through the streets. Barely anyone went out at night, only those few courageous party animals and those coming home from work. But everything here was considered perfect in my eyes especially the mysteries and chaos that came with it.