Chapter 6- GUILTY

We headed downstairs to the elevator. Knowing that our lives were on the line, we walked into the the gates of hell that monokuma called an elevator.

When the elevator stopped and opened we saw the class trail room once again... This time, 3 podiums were empty. Tera, Kaelyn, and Samuel's podiums were all empty. On the front of their podium the name plate was gone. Instead there was a picture frame with their face on it, and the picture was crossed out with pink blood.

"Start the debate!" Monokuma yelled.

"First off, the weapon was obviously a poison in a syringe." I said.

"Are you sure?" Penny asked. "It could have been in our drinks."

I nodded no, "The timing would have to be perfect for that... and while we're talking about this, Penny's syringe had to have had a liquid to make her go unconscious, and Samuel's would have had to kill him."

"That makes perfect since Cody." Janice said, with no sarcasm. "What would have made the power go out?"

"Oh, me and Cody found a bunch of fans in the electronics room... Do you think that all those fans going on would make the power go off?" Sarah said.

"That's exactly what did it! I never saw any circuit breakers on the first two floors!" Zeke said with too much enthusiasm.

"That just leaves it to who did it." Malarie said.

I looked around the circle... I saw nobody with a poker face, they all looked innocent.

"I think I have an idea..." Said Mark.

"What, you do?" Via said quietly.

"I noticed that after we explored the second floor there was night vision googles. They could've been used in this case. Then everyone started hanging out at 3... Later after the everyone went back to their room I went looking for everyone on the 2nd floor. I checked the electronics room to find the googles gone." He said.

"I noticed that too." I said. "The googles had to have been taken from 3 to 5 when most of us were goofing around on the 2nd floor. Everyone that WAS goofing of has an alibi."

"If I remember, Jake, Cia, and Mark were still sleeping it had to be one of them." Janice said.

All eyes turned to the three.

"One of you could have easily walked upstairs and taken the night vision googles, nobody was in the electronics room at that time, and everyone was in a different room with the door shut!" Damien said, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"I think I know how to narrow things down more." I said with a slight grin. I might crack this case right open here and now. "It couldn't have been someone at the dinner, for they wouldn't have a place to hide the googles."

Everyone nodded. They all thought it made since.

"I mean you can't hide it under the table, so the killer would have to wait in the electronics room or somewhere nearby... Who didn't show up to dinner that night?" I said.

Janice stated me directly in the eye and said, "everyone was there, but Jake, Damien and Zeke left at midnight, which was half an hour before the blackout."

"Well, then Jake is the only one who could have done it... he didn't good around on the second floor after we explored it. He didn't stay the whole time at dinner so HE DID IT!" Taylor yelled in her crazy way.

Jake stumbled back. "You're forgetting something! It takes a lot longer to get fans to make the power go off! Geez, calm down."

Janice was the only one who didn't doubt him being the killer. "The amount of fans in there would take about thirty minutes... The same time you were gone. Just an estimate."

I commented on him too. "Also, did anyone pay attention to if the three who left early were going to their rooms? I know that I just assumed they were and just kept chatting at the table."

Everyone nodded... Jake kept a shocked look on his face as monokuma said. "It's time for the vote!"

We all cast our votes, and when we were done a slot machine appeared in the middle of the podium circle. It started up as the slots kept spinning to reveal jakes face on all three. The word guilty appeared above his face.

"Your right! Jake did kill Samuel and drug Penny!" He said in a horrifying and cheerful way.

Monokuma jumped out of his chair and dragged him into the same door he did to Kaelyn a couple days ago.

Inside wasn't the recording studio we saw last time. This time there were metal bars surrounding the doorway... The metal barred room was big enough for all of us except Jake to fit.

On the other side of the bars was a huge pool, in the middle of this pool was a surfboard that Jake sat on.

All of the sudden, shark fins started to circle around his surfboard as Jake shivered in fear.The Sharks all jumped out of the water and ate Jake in a single gulp.

Everyone had a look of fear on their faces as we went back into the elevator, all I wanted right now was to go back to my room and sleep... forever.