22

"You signed the contract?" Lando asked Daniella who is very happy at the moment.

"Yes," she replied, unable to wipe the smile of her face. "It's a 3 year contract."

He pulled her into a hug since they can't kiss infront of everyone. "You deserve the seat El."

"I know, after all I am the rookie of the year," she joked.

"When are they going to announce it?"

"I am not sure," she replied. "But there were camera's in there so I guess they will post a video on YouTube or Instagram to announce....kill me now" she groaned when she saw the Netflix crew, they finally found her.

"Well, that's my queue," Lando smiled before running away.

***

Its race day and the rumors of Daniella moving to Mercedes are getting worse. Multiple news channels have already reported that the she is moving to the rival team as per a "good source". And it got worse when she was caught on camera talking to Lewis for a few seconds.

"I hear you are joining the enemy," Max joked.

"Oh god," Daniella groaned. "Not you too."

Max laughed at her reaction and walked away to his team.

The race is about to start is Daniella is getting ready to get in the car.

"Be careful Dani," Nate said as he handed her the helmet. "Its raining."

"Will try my best," she smiled before putting on the helmet and getting in the car.

She is starting P4, ahead of her is Bottas at P3 and Lando just behind her at P5.

It was raining and usually Daniella does well in the rain. As soon as the lights went out and the race started she saw a chance and moved past Bottas. Just when she gained P3 her car got hit byy the Mercedes, which resulted into her hitting Lando, and then him hitting Max. A chain reaction happened with more cars getting pushed off the race. The red flag was out and the race stopped.

"What happened?" Daniella asked in disbelief.

"One of the Mercedes hit you," Nate explained.

"I think I have got damage," she complained as she stood up from the seat to see the side of the car.

"Come back to the pitlane Dani," Nate advised.

She waved at Lando who also has damage caused by her car before she and Max went to the pitlane.

"Half of the car is gone," Dani complained, slight exaggerating. She then looked at her teammate's car, at this point his car is half duct tape.

"You think you can manage?" Nate asked as they both looked at the car. It doesn't look good but still drivable.

"I think so," she replied and got in the car again. She was feeling bad for Lando who got severe damage to his car and can't continue race.

Daniella did the formation lap along with the others and realized that track is dry. She immediately informed Nate and went to get her tire changed, followed by every other drivers except for Lewis. He is starting the race alone.

She was the first one to come out of the pitlane and soon caught up to Lewis. He did let her pass for the first lap but she got the chance when he went to the pit lane to change his tires.

She is now leading the race. She could here her team cheer via her radio.

"The entire grid jumbled up," Nate informed. "Ocon is behind you. Keep up the pace and you should be good."