ten

I was excited for the baseball game. We had a big group of us coming to play.

Erica, Nate, and Silas are going to be a team with some of their teammates.

And then I had Colby, Sam, Kat, Tara, and Jake on a team.

Silas and I drove together to the baseball field. Their teammates and Erica were already here.

The Senior Right and Left outfielder, Trent and Jordan, were stretching.

First, second, and third basemen, Brady, Nolan, and Cooper were all passing the ball together.

Nate said he would be catcher for both of us and Erica wanted to be umpire.

I don't know how much my team knows how to play but I'm sure they'll be good.

I started stretching with Erica so I don't tear anything.

As I was, something caught my eye. It was Colby and all of his friends.

I stopped stretching and walked over to them with a big smile on my face.

"You all made it! Thank you for coming." I tell Colby. He smiled as he wrapped his arms around me.

I figured they wouldn't be able to but Colby got done with editing a lot earlier than expecting.

"I wouldn't miss it." Colby smiled. I look at everyone else and gave them quick hugs.

Silas and Erica came over and talked to everyone since they've already met.

I look over to see Nate staring over at us. More like at Colby.

I waved him over as I look up at Colby. I could he was nervous about meeting Nate.

I just hope Nates nice to him. "Hey, dude. You must be Colby." Nate spoke to him.

Colby nodded as he swallowed deeply. "Yeah. Nate, right?" Colby stuck his hand out for him to shake.

Nate took it which made me smile. "Yeah. It's nice to need you." The let go of each other's hands, Nate looking at me.

I mouthed thank you to him as he lightly smiled. He started introducing himself to everyone else as the baseball boys came over.

They explained how it was just going to be a fun little game so they're not going to take it too serious.

Jake and Sam were going to play in the outfield while Colby, Kat, and Tara were going to be the basemen.

I was going to be the pitcher sense I grew up helping Silas.

Nate flipped a coin, heads they start, tails we start batting. When it landed, we all looked.

And it looked like we were batting first. We had enough bats for about everyone.

"Stella, you go first." Colby suggested. They all agreed so I went up to bat first.

"Easy out!" Nate told Silas. I just shake my head as I focus on my brother.

I knew he was going to try to strike me out. He threw the first one, and I got the first strike.

"It's okay, Stel." I smile at the nickname Colby gave me.

He threw it again causing me to swing. I hit the ball so I dropped the bat and started running.

I only went to the first base so I could be safe. Playing with everyone was actually pretty fun.

Sadly, our team had lost. I went over and grabbed my Gatorade.

I started chugging from how hot it is. Colby came over to me to grab his water.