thirty-five

When I walked into Colby's room, I wasn't surprised to see him just now finishing packing.

We're leaving tomorrow morning to fly out to Kansas.

Kat is going to be driving me, Colby, and Sam. Sadly Jake couldn't get a flight with us. When Colby saw me come in, he smiled.

"Hi." He simply told me. He got up and walked over to me.

He slithered his long arms around around me, making me feel safe.

I quickly did the same and wrapped my arms around him.

I don't know how I always feel safe in his arms. It's like he was made to protect me.

When he pulled away, he took the bags away from me like a gentleman.

"You excited?" He asked while sitting on his couch. I sigh as I sit next to him.

"I think I'm mainly nervous." I admit to him. He gives me a crazy look.

He put his hand on my knee which made me feel calmer.

"Why are you nervous?" He asked curiously. I swallow hard.

"What if your parents don't like me? Or I do something to fuck up?" He laughs a little.

He scoots closer towards me. He looks at me softly as he moves a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I blush at the gesture. "They're going to love you, Stella." I look at him in his ocean blue eyes.

I swear, I think he has the prettiest eyes. "You think so?" I ask causing him to laugh a little bit.

He nodded his head. "Why wouldn't they?" I felt like there was a deeper meaning behind this. But I couldn't tell.

I didn't wanna overthink about it so I kept myself distracted.

Colby and I laid on the couch and watch a movie. But when it was done, we went to bed.

With all the packing, I was exhausted so I fell asleep quickly.

Before I knew it, Colby's alarm was going off. I could feel his arms strongly wrapped around me.

I open my eyes to see he's still asleep. I should've known knowing how deep of a sleep he is.

I somehow manage to turn around and face him. He looked so peaceful when he's sleeping.

I brush some hair out of his eyes and he doesn't even flutter open.

There's only one thing I know how to get him up. I start to lean in. I lightly press my lips onto his.

After a few seconds, I could feel him start to smile. His eyes start to flutter as I pull away. When he sees me facing him, he smiles.

"I was really hoping it was you." He rasped. Even laying down, his morning voice makes me weak kneed.

"Who else would it have been?" I lightly laugh. He thinks about it for a second.

"Sam." I just shake my head. I sigh as I try to sit up. But Colby's arms were wrapped around me too tightly.

I groan as I look at him. "Colby. We have to get up to catch the flight." I tell him. He just pulled me in closer to him.

"Five more minutes, baby." He murmured. This man will be the death of me, I swear.

"Cole Robert Brock. Get up or I'm staying here." I threatened.

He quickly let go of me and sat up. He gave me a stern look as he stood up.

He stretched as he shook his head. "You're so mean." I just shrug as I sit up.