thirty-seven

Thanksgiving went really well. I met a lot of Colby's family, including his brother.

I was tense at first, but once I started playing with the little kids, I could see they started warming up to me.

I made sure to FaceTime Silas so I could at least talk to him.

I made sure to help Lesa clean everything up, which she was thrilled about. When we got done, Colby was taking a nap on the couch.

It was adorable. That next day, we spent it helping their parents with some Black Friday shopping. I've been a couple times, but only in Los Angeles.

So when I saw the crowds weren't as crazy, it was pretty weird.

It was now that Saturday night and Colby said he wanted to take me somewhere.

"This all hasn't been your big scheme to bring me here, take me to a big corn field, and kill me, is it?" I ask with a hint of laughter.

He started laughing along with me as he drove. "No, have some faith in me, Stella." He teased.

It was pitch black and we were in the middle of no where.

I feel like it would be a pretty drive, if I could see. After about thirty minutes, he stopped the car at a warehouse.

I turn to Colby confused as he shut the car off. "What? You asked to see the places we went to as teenagers." He shrugged.

He got out of the car and grabbed the backpack. It makes sense on why he brought hoodies, flashlights, and waters.

He handed me a flashlight as I looked at it. I recognize the building from when they did it for their YouTube.

The origin. He looked at me seriously before going in. "Stay close to me." I didn't even argue.

He took my hand and started walking me inside. He moved the flashlight around.

"Usually we're here for a while, but I wanna show you a specific spot." He whispered.

I just followed him around. This place was a lot scarier than on tv.

We walk for a few minutes and he takes me to the the roof.

The view here is amazing. He goes over to the edge and sits down.

I follow and sit right next to him. "No wonder why you wanted to show me this place." I breathe out while looking around.

Other than it being a little chilly, it was nice. There were no city lights or sirens wailing.

It was just the nature. You couldn't really hear any birds chirping or anything else.

There was a little breeze so it whenever it would hit me, it would get cold.

"You know, I've never brought a girl here." He admitted. I turned over towards him.

I could tell he was being serious. "That pulls all the girls in, doesn't it?" I ask teasing him a little bit. He chuckles a little bit.

Since it was dark, I could barely see his face. I could only see the outline of it.

I was jealous of his side profile. "You're annoying. You know that right?" He asked as I shrugged.

We sat up here for a while. It was really peaceful. It's really fucking cold here too. As we sit there, enjoying each other's company, we heard something.

We both shot up and moved. I looked over at Colby. He had a finger over his mouth, telling me to stay quiet.

"We need to get out of here." He whispered to me. I just nodded my head.