21

Hoseok's POV

It's been almost 2 weeks since I asked Yuri to be my girlfriend and it feels different; different in a good way. She's showing a side to her that I've never seen before. She's much softer. She's still been flirty, but not as much as she usually is. I am grateful of that, though, because she isn't flirting with anyone at work, out of respect for us. She could have simply put on an act to cover up the fact that we're together because of the "dating rule", but she doesn't and I can't thank her enough for that. I'm sure our coworkers find her new behavior suspicious but what they don't know won't hurt them.

"So, what brings you over?" Jimin asks Yuri, leaning back in his chair. "Hobi rarely has visitors. I think you're the first in ages."

"Way to rub in that I don't have friends." I roll my eyes.

Jimin rolls his eyes back at me. "You honestly have more friends than me, shut up. They're just all back in Gwangju. But I was so kindly talking to this lovely woman sitting across from me."

Yuri smiles, softly clearing her throat. "Of course I'm going to come over when I'm invited. It would be just plain rude to turn this ball of sunshine down."

I can't help the small blush that creeps onto my cheeks. This girl is mine, and I can say that proudly. I knew from the moment I saw her that she'd inevitably be involved in my life.

Jimin hums from across the coffee table. "Ah, I see what's going on here."

"What?" I frown.

"There's something going on between you two."

"And what brings on your assumption, sir?" Yuri quickly challenges, raising her eyebrow.

Jimin smirks before answering. "This man just literally gushed over you calling him a 'ball of sunshine'. He's heard that quite a bit, but never gave that reaction. I'd be naïve to let your actions go unnoticed."

"I see." Yuri nods, crossing her arms. "Hypothetically speaking, what if you were to find out that we are dating?"

"I would, hypothetically, be happy that my best friend has a girlfriend. It'd be about time." He mirrors her movements.

I roll my eyes playfully. I'm quite amused by their conversation as she continues. "Did he ever tell you about our little flirting battle thing?"

"Yeah?"

"Well there you have it." She shrugs as see smiles innocently his way, although I can see right through the act. I smile along with her as she continues to talk. "I just have a way with my words."

"Just harmless flirting." I add on, trying my best to not give us away yet.

Jimin doesn't even look my way as he sighs, shying away in slight embarrassment. "I totally forgot about that. It's weird, man. I was convinced you'd be together by now. I think you two should call a truce and date."

"Hypothetically," Yuri laughs. "we already called the truce."

"Wait: so you are together?" Jimin's eyes widen. I join Yuri's laughter as we both nod. "I knew it! You assholes!"

We all laugh, Jimin lightly scolding us for "scaring" him. The laughter subsides, my best friend informing us about how he knew we would end up together. After hearing of us flirting the way we were, he said it was a "no-brainer" that we would make this official between us. I have to agree with him. I didn't know where that arrangement was headed, but I knew that at the end of it, we would either not like each other at all or be completely head over heels for each other. Maybe that's why I agreed to do it in the first place; in the hopes that I could call her mine. I really do like this girl.

"Hey." Yuri places her soft hand on the top of mine and I'm now soley focused on her. "You didn't hear Jimin's question at all, did you?"

"I didn't, sorry."

She shakes her head. "Tsk, tsk. Now Jimin will never know how good it felt when I-"

I quickly cover her mouth, not sure what off-the-wall comment was going to come out of her mouth. I cringe and snatch my hand away when she licks my palm. "Eww."

"Deserved."

Jimin can't stop laughing, his eyes screwed shut but opening them as to catch himself from falling forward. For someone who's a dancer, he's got such bad balance at times. It's adorably entertaining.

"You need to relax." Yuri laughs. "What did you think I was going to say?"

I shrug. "I don't know. You tell me, mad woman."

"It was nothing bad. I promise, dancing man. Now, will you let me finish?" She shakes her head in amusement. "Jimin just wanted to know how you felt after I agreed to be your girlfriend. Get your head out of the gutter before I tell him about how I called you right after yo-"

"Okay, okay."

I take her and pull her into me so her head is in my chest to stop her from speaking. I knew exactly where that one was going. Classic Yuri.

"Well, I think I should be going." Jimin smirks, standing to leave. My eyes widen as a vigorously shake my head, mouthing 'no'. "What? You're busy."

Yuri breaks free, taking a big breath and smacking my arm lightly. "Ass."

"Not even." I defend.

She rolls her eyes playfully, attention on Jimin. "Where are you going, dancing man 2.0?"

Jimin laughs at the new nickname, grinning widely. "You seemed tied up. I was just going to take my leave."

"No, no. It's nothing like that." She says and I nod, wanting Jimin to stay longer.

I'm still a bit nervous to be alone with her, given our new title. I don't know why when it's going to happen a lot more often anyway.

"Gotta go check on my girlfriend." He replies, inching away.

"But you broke up last month." I call bullshit with his excuse.

It's of no use as he's already halfway out of the door. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do! There's extra condoms in the drawer in the bathroom!"

"I'm going to kill him." I mumble as I sink further into the couch, wishing to disappear.

Yuri clears her throat, her cheeks a light tint of red. "He's really something. I like that."

"That's unfortunately my best friend."

"Lighten up." She chuckles and that puts a slight smile on my face. "I mean, at least there's protection around here."

"That's the Yuri I'm used to." I laugh, shaking my head as she joins me. "Don't ever let this side die out."

She shrugs. "I feel like I have to be a little more careful. This is my first real relationship and I'm scared I'll fuck it up. So I'm being cautious."

"You can be cautious without tip-toeing, Ri. It's okay. Be yourself."

"Thank you."

Without a thought, she leans forward and places a kiss to my lips. My instant reaction is to kiss her back; to begin familiarizing myself with the feeling of her lips on mine. It isn't long, but it's perfect that way. It's the first of many kisses I'll get to have with her and I'm looking forward to them all.

I speak without thinking, but with no regret as I have to be closer to my girlfriend. "Can I show you my bedroom?"

°🕊🍃°

I'm gonna screeeeeeam because I always have writers bloooooock 🙃 been working on this chapter for TWO WHOLE MONTHS & this is all I have 😫 please forgive me 🥺 I do know what I want in the next chapter, so hopefully that will be out within the week (granted I have the spark). I promise to get the ball rolling on the story because I know some of you really like this one. I'll do better! Thank you for the constant patience 💕

.
.
~S.xx