7.

Hoseok POV

Yuri pulls up at a Burger King and I chuckle to myself. She parks the car and we get out, walking toward the restaurant.

"What?" She asks, referring to my chuckling.

"When you said dinner, I didn't think you meant BK."

"I'm craving a whopper bad, dancing man." She giggle, smiling as I hold the door open. "Unless you wanna eat something else?"

"It's fine. I could use a hamburger. And Sprite." (A/n: (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehehe)

"Cool, because you're paying."

"Jeez, we haven't even had our first dinner and I'm paying off the bat." I laugh.

I can't get enough of this girl. She's so funny to me. It isn't hard at all opening up to her and being myself. Because of how straight forward and direct she is, there's a natural gravitational pull toward her. And I've been sucked right in.

We sit in the dining room at the restaurant, talking and joking around. Yuri sips her water before she speaks. "There was something I was going to ask you the other night before Jackson came over."

"What's that?" I ask, eating a fry.

"What made you want to dance at the club?"

I stop eating and look at her before answering. "Funniest thing, it was an accident."

Yuri furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean by 'accident'?"

"My best friend, he's also my roommate, was helping me job search online. I saw the place and just applied without really thinking." I shrug casually. "I almost turned Namjoon's interview proposal down, but I had nothing else better to do."

Yuri giggles, shaking her head. "What a cute, dork move. But don't worry, the money and benefits are incredible."

"I've heard."

"Are you working toward a goal at all?" She asks.

I nod. "Med school. I got accepted recently."

"Oh shit." Her eyes widen and she gives me a little applause. "That's insane. Congrats. But I guess I'm still confused. You decided this instead of something medical related?"

"This is more of a side hustle, I'd say. I'm still a nurse at the hospital. I just don't make enough and I'm only part time."

"Wow, you're busy. But I get it. You need to get that bread."

"What got you working as a bartender?" I now ask her.

She shrugs, "Same boat. I mean, not the whole accidental thing and medical school. But I'm in grad school for international business. The money I make goes toward that tuition."

"So I see we both have bigger dreams outside of the club." I nod, smiling. "Good luck with your schooling."

She smiles tapping her cup against mine in a mock toast and giggling. "Same to you."

We finish up our meal and I even offers to take Yuri out for ice cream. We lick our cones as we walk through the city. The tall buildings cascade over the scenery as feather thin clouds are scattered scarcely across the sky. The sidewalks house very few pedestrians as the two of us walk along them with ease, no one bothering us. We walk in a comfortable silence for the majority of the time, the only sounds coming from the few cars passing by, birds chirping, and our soles hitting the pavement.

"You speak English." I randomly say out of nowhere.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. I do. What about it?"

"Jackson said you were born in the U.S. Why'd you come back to Korea?"

Yuri looks toward her feet, the first time she's actually shyed away from anything since I've known her. "Oh, um. I came to live with my aunt. That's a really long story, definitely for another time."

"Okay." I nod quickly, getting the hint and not pushing anything further. "Can you teach me?"

"What, English?" Yuri asks, receiving a nod from me in return. She smiles back, responding in English. "Sure, I don't mind."

"I'm assuming you said yes. So," I smiles shyly, clearing my throat. "Thank you very much." I reply in my best English.

Yuri gives a small applause, giggling as she watches his smile grow bigger. "There you go! This will go well. You're doing well already even though you just basically guessed what I said."

--

We arrive back at the club and she drops me off at my car. "Thanks for the dinner and ice cream, hot stuff."

I chuckle as I get out, closing the door, and leaning into her open window. "My pleasure. We should do it again sometime."

Yuri fake gasps, placing her hand on her chest. "My, my, Jung Hoseok. Are you asking me on a real legit date?"

"Of course not." I respond, laughing once I see her response. "I'm asking you that right now, the right way."

"Ooh la la la. A real Romeo. Or do you prefer Casanova?" She winks.

I look down momentarily, smiling as I hold in my laugh. Then I look back up into her eyes. "So, Ri. How about it? Can I take you on a date?"

She smiles, nodding a little too vigorously, but she slows down. "Of course, you can."

Simultaneously, we both whip our phones out and exchange phone numbers. Once we're done, Yuri pulls off and I get into my car. I can't stop smiling to myself as my fingers linger over her contact information on the phone screen.

Jackson's words about Yuri being "off limits" slowly creep into my head. Off limits. I'm still unsure of what that means, but it doesn't seem like she's off limits to me. As far as I know, there isn't anything in the way to prevent them from going out on this date. She wouldn't have accepted my invitation if she is seeing or is in a relationship with someone. Not to mention, this date is strictly platonic.

"It's just a date as friends." I say, nodding to myself.

--

Yuri POV

"We're just friends. That's it." I say to myself as I drive down the street.

Hoseok is a sweet guy, very handsome, and very funny. I know he's off limits to me, but there's nothing wrong with going out as a friend. Nothing else is going to happen.

I quietly sing along to the music softly playing in the background as I drive down the peaceful streets, nearing my house. The entire time, my mind brings me back to the day I've had with  Hoseok. I think about how much of a hard worker he is to be nursing during the day, dancing at night, & going to school all at the same time. I've never met anyone more motivated.

I make it home, and pull into the driveway. I switch my car off and grab my phone, unlocking it. I smile to myself peering at the phone number still on my screen. I quickly save it as Dancing Man before it accidentally gets deleted. My silence is interrupted when my screen lights up and vibrates in my hand. I softly sigh as I answer.

"Hi Auntie. I'm outside already. I'll be inside in a second."

°🕊🍃°

Hi babies! I feel like I haven't updated this in eleventy-seven years & I'm so sorry! Momma's been trying to get some rest & figure out how I'm going to approach this story. It's kind of difficult to write this from a narrator's POV, but if anyone can figure it out, it's me 😁

I hope this chapter was okay! It most definitely could've been better, but that's good enough for me because the next chapter is going into Yuri's past a bit. So I'm excited about that! And I'm not sure if I told you in this story but I will...

I'M GOING TO SEE BTS IN MAY & I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, gotta go work on another story 😁 lol I love you all! 💜

.
.
~S. xx

*EDITED* I added a little extra to Yuri's POV. Its still short but it's more than the single paragraph & quote lol. Hope you enjoyed 💜