13.

Hoseok's POV

"Okay, the doctor is leaving you with these instructions, ma'am." I hand the patient her discharge papers with a smile. "Just take this prescription to the nearest pharmacy and they'll have it ready within the hour. Do you have anymore questions?"

She has been staring very hard at me throughout the entirety of her visit like I have 3 heads, and honestly, it's a bit unsettling. But I'm also a nurse, so I have to deal with just about anything. That includes some unorthodox patients.

"I, um. Okay, please don't find this weird." She speaks and it's the most she's spoken to me throughout the duration of her visit. She points to the door before speaking again. "Can you close that first?"

"Sure." I nod, closing the sliding door for more privacy.

She takes a quick breath before speaking once again. "You're J-Hope."

I feel all the color drain from my face and my stomach drops. I knew this would happen sooner or later. I knew that one day, someone would notice me from working in the club. I just didn't think it'd be this soon.

"I-"

"I'm sorry. I know that's only you on stage and not in, like, this setting. I just had to say something, it was bothering me." She looks at her hands, picking at her nails.

"It's, um, fine." I manage to say. "The extra cash works for paying for school."

"No no, I understand. I'm so sorry again. Thanks for seeing me." She quickly stands from the bed and leaves the small room.

I'm stuck in place, trying to calm my heartbeat that's thumping in my ears. If one person has noticed me so far, there's no telling how many others will. I try my hardest to go about the rest of my day without thinking about it, but it's hard. I almost don't want to go in to the club tonight. I know I have to, though, because school starts in the next couple months. I have to make as much money as I can while I still can.

I'm finishing my shift up in the emergency department when the doctor I'm helping today comes up to me. "Hoseok, I know you're finishing up within the next hour or so, but can you please check on the patient in room 13? Young girl, 8 years old."

"Oh, sure." I nod to my superior. I make my way into the room and am surprised when I see a man sitting on the bed, comforting his crying daughter. "Seokjin, hi."

My boss from the club smiles brightly at me as soon as he sees me. "Hey, Hoseok! I didn't know you worked at the hospital."

"Yeah, this is my day job. I'm a nurse." I nod, looking to his daughter. "What brings you in today?"

"I fell on my ankle and it hurts." She says softly, heaving in between breaths.

"Little miss Jiyoung here thought it would be fun to climb onto the counter top retrieve a cup, and when she jumped down, she landed on her ankle wrong. We just need to see if anything is wrong, like a sprain or something." Seokjin says, pointing to her left ankle.

I nod, walking closer to the girl and getting a bit closer to her level. "I'm going to move your ankle a bit. Tell me if it hurts okay?"

Jiyoung nods, and I move her ankle just a tad before she begins whining in anguish. Poor kid, I understand the struggle. As a dancer, I've sprained my ankle once and it wasn't fun. I quickly jot down a few things for the doctor and look back up to see Seokjin soothing her as best as he can.

"I'll go let the doctor know about this and he'll come in himself to check. He may want to order some x-rays, just to make sure there isnt a fracture. Does your daughter have any allergies to medications or latex?" I ask him.