33.

I sat with my pops and Ace in my office.

"We found the closes fire station to her old neighborhood.

It's been 13 years but I bet we can find at least 1 person who remember that night." Ace said. "Okay maybe they captain or some." I said.

My pops stared at the location.

"I know the captain at this one. He one of my good buddies." He said.

"Think you can get us a meeting with him?" Ace asked. "Yeah. Let me give him a call." My pops stepped out.

"She told you to help?"

"Nah she don't want no dealings with her daughter." "That shit traumatized her." Ace said.

"I barely know anything about her background besides the lil stuff she tell us." "She had it rough. Her aunt who she thought was her mother was drugged up and slutted out."

"One thing about the hood shit gets around fast." I said. "My point exactly.

Kiyah was his personal sex toy. He knew she would do whatever to protect Niyah." "Nobody tried to stop him?" I asked.

"She wouldn't let us.

She said if anybody tried to do anything he would kill her and Niyah. I promised we would protect them but she said she'll handle it herself."

"Where is he now?"

"We don't know. He left soon after Niyah died." "Damn. So he could be dead?"

"I can see but I doubt it."

My pops walked back in. "Let's go." He said. "Right now?" "Yeah. They ain't got a call yet."

We got up and grabbed everything.
_____
"A baby girl?" They captain asked us.

"Lance and Marcus!" He called. The two came over. "These where my rookies I had over night. Do y'all remember a baby girl being left about 13 years ago."

"We get abandoned babies all the time can you be specific with a day?" The Lance Nîgga asked.

"They don't know." The cap said.

"I think I know." The Marcus dude went to the kitchen and grabbed a book out the cabinet.

"What's that?"

"Every child who was left while I was on duty I wrote the day and time I found them and their description incase I ever seen them on missing persons." He flipped through pages.

"13 years ago I had a baby girl get dropped off around 10 at night.

She was fresh out the womb.

They left a note with her." Me and Ace looked at each other. "A note?" "Yeah I printed a copy of it and saved it." He said.

"Why?" Lance asked him.

"Cause like I said in case of missing person alerts or somebody baby being accidentally taken from them and dumped here." He said.

I nodded. I respect him for that shit.

"Here she is." He had a photo of her. I grabbed it. "This your baby?" He asked me.

"My girl friends."

"Do you know who adopted her?" My pops asked him. "Nah. After we get the babies we have to call CPS and they take it from there."

"Fuck." Ace said.

"What the note say?"

He gave it to me. "Read it out loud." My pops said.