Chapter 23

It's been a week since I quit being a surgeon. I got me and my family our own place but it won't be ready until 2 more days so I've been staying with Nobel them still.

Nobody in the house really speak to each other.

Nobel was back on his mean shit and Trey just acted like we didn't exist.

We had just left Ken's funeral.

It was so sad. I cried the whole time.

They sent him out just right man. I was in the limo with his family and was going to the burial.

His momma was so broken but I still feel like he would've been alive if they brung him in earlier. We got out and walked over. "You good?" I looked over and it was Trey.

"Yeah." I said.

We walked to his casket and started putting flowers on it.

I held back the tears because he really did try just for me. "Kiy!" His mama tapped my shoulder.

"Hm?" "Here."

She handed me the locket he had on when he died. I opened it and on the inside was the picture of me and him.

Engraved on it was "My Hero."

A tear fell from my eye and I sighed.

"Oh my god." I said. "He loves you." "I know. I love him just as much."

She smiled and walked off.

Everybody took pictures with his casket and said their goodbyes. I walked over. "Thank you for fighting even when you didn't want to.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

You deserved the world Ken and I promise if it's anything I can do you'll still get it. We wasn't ready but god was and that's all that matter.

Save me a seat."

I kissed his casket.

"Bring him down!" His daddy said.

Everybody started leaving and I watched as they lowered it.

I shook my head.

I could never pick up a scalpel again.

I'm scarred forever.

He hit the button and I said a prayer over him as they closed his casket with dirt.

"I'll see you later baby boy."

I threw his blanket in as the last item.

Trey grabbed my hand. "Come on." I sighed. "Take care Kiy." His mama said.

"You too."

I got in Trey's car and just leaned on the window.

"Wanna talk about it?" "No." "Okay." He rubbed my leg and I moved his hand. "What?" "Don't touch me!"

"What I do?"

"Why did you even come?"

"Cause you needed a ride and somebody to be here for you."

"I had to leave my car cause I rode with the family so don't say it like that. 2. I didn't need you to be here."

"What the fuck did I do to you?"

"You hit me Trey. Numerous times. You took me out of a situation just to put me back in it. What the fuck you mean what you do?

I can't forgive you and you need to get help for your drinking."