Chapter 7

It was almost Christmas and I was so close to finishing school.

Once I take my exam I can start working as an intern. I'm still iffy about what hospital I want to attend but I'll figure that out later.

"Good morning Ms. Moore."

"Good Morning Professor." "You ready for the test?" "I've studied all night I got this."

He nodded.

"Okay I believe in ya."

"Thank you." I went to my seat and sat down. "Good morning friend." This girl said.

"Hey Lishia."

"Today's the day."

"Yes so what hospital did you choose?"

"The Royals." "Ugh I would go but I hate the owners." "They all fine as hell though."

"Yeah you right but ion know I'll think about it."

"Okay." She said.

"Alright Class it's 50 of you and only 10 of you will make it some will stay in state some won't it all depends on a course of tests."

This lady walked in saying.

"Damn harsh maybe." Lishia said.

"Or some."

She was just talking and I was trying to pay attention but these muthafuckas kept talking.

"Alright Y'all Ready?"

We nodded some said yeah.

They handed out a test and we all started.
————————
We was on the final test which was hands on.

The last few months they was teaching us the different surgeries and terms.

"Doctor Moore your turn."

I stepped up. "Read your chart?" I nodded.

"Alright start with patient to doctor greeting." I nodded and looked at her chart.

"How you doing today Ms. Lisa?"

"Can't be too fine I'm sitting in the hospital." She said. I did a light chuckle.

"Alright Ms. Lisa I'm Doctor Moore. According to your X-Rays it seems you have a benign tumor located in your brain that's what has been causing you headaches."

"Is it cancer?"

"No ma'am. A benign tumor is not a malignant tumor, which is cancer.

It does not invade nearby tissue or spread to other parts of the body the way cancer can. In most cases, the outlook with benign tumors is very good.

But benign tumors can be serious if they press on vital structures such as blood vessels or nerves. Therefore, sometimes they require treatment and other times they do not."

"So I'm alright?"

"Yes ma'am. You can actually live with the tumor considering it's none cancerous and we will provide you with some medication to help with the headaches."

"What if that doesn't work?"

"Well you could go ahead with the surgery. It's a very safe procedure to remove as much as the tumor as possible. You'll be closely monitored to make sure it isn't growing." She nodded.